Da heck is LG's MRB (Motion blur reduction)

fos1x

-the LG ultra wide 34UM69G-B 

- it's an IPS panel, 75hz with 1ms MBR? what the heck is actual motion blur reduction? Is it some gimmicky marketing just like 200hz tv we used to see on the local market?
or the panel will switch to another color mode but boost the response time of the panel?
- is it worth it for the asking price of ~320$ for only 2560x1080 resolution or just stick with normal 21:9 IPS which can cost half the price of this?

From reading, as the name suggests, it reduced motion blur and have greater clarity on moving objects. Read this article on BlurBusters to get a more detail on the topic. I would personally look for a cheaper monitor that still has the features you want.

15 minutes ago, dafo446 said:

-the LG ultra wide 34UM69G-B 

- it's an IPS panel, 75hz with 1ms MBR? what the heck is actual motion blur reduction? Is it some gimmicky marketing just like 200hz tv we used to see on the local market?
or the panel will switch to another color mode but boost the response time of the panel?
- is it worth it for the asking price of ~320$ for only 2560x1080 resolution or just stick with normal 21:9 IPS which can cost half the price of this?

For what it's worth... I have the 29" version.
There is a Response time menu option (L/M/H/Off) and I found it on High to be much better/clearer than with the default out of the box setup (OFF) & High is still noticeable over Medium, which in turn, beats Low. Ghosting lowers on each selection... (I find it ghosts a smidge more than my 25" LG Ultrawide, but only by a little bit, noticed because I was comparing them)

I've been playing games on my 2560x1080 using Nvidia's DSR pushing 3440x1440 into it, so the resolution has never bothered me.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

42 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

For what it's worth... I have the 29" version.
There is a Response time menu option (L/M/H/Off) and I found it on High to be much better/clearer than with the default out of the box setup (OFF) & High is still noticeable over Medium, which in turn, beats Low. Ghosting lowers on each selection... (I find it ghosts a smidge more than my 25" LG Ultrawide, but only by a little bit, noticed because I was comparing them)

I've been playing games on my 2560x1080 using Nvidia's DSR pushing 3440x1440 into it, so the resolution has never bothered me.

That's overdrive to reduce ghosting, it's a separate thing from motion blur reduction via backlight strobing.