Removing Define R6 PSU shroud

Biased Opinion

Can anyone with a Define R6 enlighten me, does the HDD mounting plate attached to the PSU shroud and would it be possible to remove it without affecting the functionality of the case other than the obvious reduction in rigidity 

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

9 hours ago, Biased Opinion said:

Can anyone with a Define R6 enlighten me, does the HDD mounting plate attached to the PSU shroud and would it be possible to remove it without affecting the functionality of the case other than the obvious reduction in rigidity 

The shroud is riveted into place you can drill out the rivets if you want to remove it.

13 hours ago, W-L said:

The shroud is riveted into place you can drill out the rivets if you want to remove it.

Would that remove the ability to use the HDD mounting plate in its standard position on the window side of the case or does its mounting not rely on the shroud.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.