Iphone 7 stuck on Apple logo

TeddyMcSwag

Yesterday i noticed that my phone was acting weird. The camera wouldn't record video and photos we're taken in extremely low quality and very slowly. I decided to restart the phone to see if it would fix it, and then the phone got stuck on the Apple logo trying to boot. It spontaneosly tries to reboot every now and then. I've tried updating it by connecting it to iTunes on my PC and hard reseting (as in the reboot method) it. I'm getting desperate since I really need my phone for two factor authentification etc. I think I am going to try the factory reset in iTunes, but I really don't want to loose my pictures and stuff. Are there any other solutions to this problem, that don't involve loosing data, or is there a way for me to back up what's on the phone to my computer? The images are not backed up in iCloud, so I will loose them if i reset the phone completely. The phone is an iPhone 7 running iOS 11.2.6, and it has never been jailbroken and I've never had similar issues with it before.

Is it a monkey? Is it an ape? I don't care, I LOVE'EM!

There's not a whole lot we can do. Besides the fact that phones in general are not really user serviceable Apple in particular seems to go above and beyond to make it harder and harder for their users to self-diagnose issues and repair things themselves. This goes for just about any of their products. They really want you to go to a Apple service center for any and all of your issues. Weather or not they'll recover your data I cannot say. A microSD card would make this issue not an issue but Apple did away with that a long time ago.

There are programs that recover files but not sure if they'll work on an iPhone.

Have you tried pressing and holding the home button for 25-30 seconds?

If it was mine I would try a soft reset, press and hold the power and home button together and see if that changes screen.

21 minutes ago, DocDave said:

If it was mine I would try a soft reset, press and hold the power and home button together and see if that changes screen.

29 minutes ago, ModuleLFS said:

There are programs that recover files but not sure if they'll work on an iPhone.

Have you tried pressing and holding the home button for 25-30 seconds?

Tried holding down both power and home, as well as just home, nothing happened.

When you plug it into your pc does anything come up, also download Icloud onto your pc, and you will be able to see what you have saved if you pc recognises the phone, then you can try rooting the iPhone using something like RedSn0w, If you have no idea what that is then, you need to go to google, and have a good look around the jailbreaking community, so that you don't run at issue blind which may cause you even more issues. 

Just out of interest do you have an Apple store close by? Or in the UK?

14 minutes ago, DocDave said:

When you plug it into your pc does anything come up, also download Icloud onto your pc, and you will be able to see what you have saved if you pc recognises the phone, then you can try rooting the iPhone using something like RedSn0w, If you have no idea what that is then, you need to go to google, and have a good look around the jailbreaking community, so that you don't run at issue blind which may cause you even more issues. 

Just out of interest do you have an Apple store close by? Or in the UK?

I live in a smaller town in Sweden, so sadly no Apple store nearby, I haven't checked too much into authorized reapir shops etc though. I'll look into the things you mentioned.