Onboard VGA is working but no input in GPU hdmi

nayanCR7

Hey Guys,

Recently i bought a HP 24es monitor. It was working well so far for 20-25 days. But recently my windows crashed when creating HDD partition. After reinstalling windows my monitor started losing input signal. It was saying "input signal was not found".

PC boots, GPU LED lights up, fans r spinning, but no signal on monitor. Onboard VGA working, HDMI cant find input signal.

I tried:-

• Removing the RAM, reinstalling it.
  • Removed the motherboard battery put it back on.
  • Unplugged all the cables, hold down power button for a minute or so.
  • Cleaning the GPU, RAM slots.

Dint work. But shutting down the PC manually and restarting after few times, the display came back. But then again if it goes to the sleep mode, the display wont come back. Turn of the PC and wait for 15-20 seconds and then again staring sometimes works. Ok then i thought it must be the monitors problem so i went back the store coz i had warranty left. They checked the monitor and found the problem and told me they will see any possible fix or they will replace it.

Back at home, i had a spare 19" monitor, so when i plugged it...it has the same problem again. Now i guess its a hardware problem of my PC.

but i dont understand if i have the problem in my hardware, why dint the monitor worked in a different PC back at the store.

Whats the possible solution  to this problem guys.? Help me out.

Is it a GPU problem? or GPU slot is not working?

or i need to change the motherboard.

Somewhere i read it might be an issue with the voltage control of the GPU, that i can tweak with MSI Afterburner.

HELP ME OUT GUYS.

My Specs:

core i5 (2nd Gen)sandy bridge

Motherboard: Gigabyte H61m

GPU: GTX 1060

PSU: thermaltake 400w

RAM: 8 gigs

Full spec of CPU? That 400w PSU may not be enough for the 1060. Do you have on board graphics? Can you test with the GPU removed (if a self build and you are happy testing yourself)?

If you can confirm the PC boots and works fine on integrated graphics?

4 minutes ago, TechyBen said:

Full spec of CPU? That 400w PSU may not be enough for the 1060. Do you have on board graphics? Can you test with the GPU removed (if a self build and you are happy testing yourself)?

If you can confirm the PC boots and works fine on integrated graphics?

Yeah PC boots and works fine with integrated graphics.

Are you overclocking?

Then it's the GPU and/or the PSU. Can you test the GPU in a different system, or a different power supply? As said, it really should need a 450watt or more.

Are you using any extension cables for the GPU?

Or before that, make sure it is not a driver problem. Re-install the drivers, and check if Windows 10 is updating at any point (may cause a switch in GPU output).

39 minutes ago, TechyBen said:

Are you overclocking?

Then it's the GPU and/or the PSU. Can you test the GPU in a different system, or a different power supply? As said, it really should need a 450watt or more.

Are you using any extension cables for the GPU?

Or before that, make sure it is not a driver problem. Re-install the drivers, and check if Windows 10 is updating at any point (may cause a switch in GPU output).

If its a wattage issue then have to buy a new PSU, no way of using the old one, but it did performed so well over the years. Ok im gonna test the GPU in another system. For the time being lets try reinstalling the driver again. See if it does the trick.

Thnx a bunch Ben. See ya.