Should people be more careful?

Sfekke

Hey ya'll!

Just had a question & thought I'd post it here.

I myself make tutorials & such, giving people information.

At the start of every important step I mention certain dangers or what can potentially break a system.

For some reason everyone just ignores it ..

Can I be more clear then write it down, have on screen warnings & also just me saying it?

I attached a screenshot of another person telling me he dun goofed. Blanked out all information & details which go against the Community Standars as well as names since I'm not trying to advertise here.

TL;DR

I find people to be reckless when following certain tutorials.

No matter what I do flashing text/screaming into the mic making audio blow up/writing it first thing they see in the description.

From my understanding there will always be people who do this & break their device.

Why am I asking this?

I'm planning a detailed yet simple guide about BIOS flashing, I wish to forego these issue's and am on the lookout for ways to prevent as much people as I can to not break their system.

Thanks for reading & possibly helping out, <3's Sfekke ;)

Why.PNG

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

People need to be smart enough to know when they are taking a risk and to manage it. It is morally right for you to clearly warn people of the dangers of what they are doing, but thats all you can be asked to do.  There will always be people who ignore instructions or aren't careful, but thats their own fault.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Unfortunetly you'll never get everyone to read/listen to all the warnings, especially when you make tutorials the audience can be "1-100" years old. The least experienced viewers that are more imaptient to learn/do more, quicker, who think they're careful, will always move past the "boring" warnings straight to the point. Speaking purely out of experience, back when I was just starting my adventures with PCs (close to 20 years back) I did stuff on the PC just because I saw I could, fortunetly for me I've managed to never brick anything, but I still got some lessons out of it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is there's no point to get worked up on how to make people listen to all the warnings, those who are already smart enough are going to watch the whole tutorial and listen to you, those who are not... well they obviously still have to make some mistakes to learn that those warnings were actually important.

The most you can do is pretty much give a disclaimer at the start of the video via Audio and Red text. A disclaimer when it comes to the area where things can go tit's up Saying to follow carefully and or don't attempt this if you are not confident etc. Even stating that any problem caused due to following this cannot come back to you being liable as they have tried it at their own discretion and have failed.

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

Thanks for all the answers, I just wanted to have some opinions & see if they lined up with what I did & thought was morally okay.

Lets hope over time people will that made this mistakes will learn, unless they are really stubborn I believe they will. (Until the next generations rolls in, then we start again).

Anyhow thanks a butt metric ton for the honest opinions!

<3's Sfekke ;)

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*