Display recommendation for productivity

7h39

Hi everyone! I'm an architect and i'm doing a renovation of my studio/apartment, watching ltt videos i was wondering to replace my desktop monitor(s) with a tv 40 to 50".

As the topic title says i would use it for my default architect workflow (autocad/rhinoceros/maya/photoshop/illustrator), projct display for clients, and usual series/film watching at night.

What do you reccomand? Upgranding my monitor set-up (multi display or ultrawide) or buying an do-it-all tv? My budget it's about 500 to 700$

I'm a little bit concerned about color, image sharpness and viewing distances (what's the optimal for a such large display?) and overall eye strain, if different from a traditional monitor.

Thank you!

I would go with monitors because they're designed for shorter viewing distances and don't have weird scaling issues. Maybe you want an ultrawide or a couple of 1440p monitors?

I edit my posts a lot.

Instead of TV you could get a monitor of that size.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

2 minutes ago, MrDrWho13 said:

I would go with monitors because they're designed for shorter viewing distances and don't have weird scaling issues. Maybe you want an ultrawide or a couple of 1440p monitors?

Thx! Yes i would go this way for pc monitors, maybe i'm more inclined to ultrawide! Some suggestion on panel technology/brand?

3 minutes ago, 7h39 said:

Thx! Yes i would go this way for pc monitors, maybe i'm more inclined to ultrawide! Some suggestion on panel technology/brand?

Sorry I'm not familiar with the exact brands or models because I haven't bought a monitor for several years.

I would begin by looking for reviews and finding which features are most important to you.

I edit my posts a lot.

40 minutes ago, R3ep3r said:

Instead of TV you could get a monitor of that size.

Lol. Right view distance?

33 minutes ago, MrDrWho13 said:

Sorry I'm not familiar with the exact brands or models because I haven't bought a monitor for several years.

I would begin by looking for reviews and finding which features are most important to you.

I'll start to dig round!

24 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

You are looking for a calibrated IPS display that is at least 40" and under $700

Your options

My suggestion

Manufacturer's product page

Product features;

• IPS panel, factory calibrated (delta not disclosed), anti-glare coating
  • 4K resolution, 42.5" diagonal, 60Hz
  • Six video inputs; 2x HDMI 1.4, 2x HDMI 2.0, 1x DisplayPort 1.2, 1x USB-C DP Alt mode
  • Two superspeed USB-A ports supporting 5V charging. The USB-C input serves as display connection and USB uplink simultaneously.
  • 10W stereo speakers (downward firing) << might be lackluster for TV/movie watching
  • Support for HDCP 2.2 (for 4K streaming services, Blu-ray playback)
  • Various PiP/splitscreen modes
  • Remote to control the thing

No I don't have one

If you want to watch TV programs, as in actual TV broadcast, you need to find another device to get the signal and output to this display because its not a TV.

Should you get a TV instead? Well I suppose its doable if you don't need fast response time, but you lose color accuracy.

Good luck

Awesome. Thank you, i will look for your advices!