Oh can we have a gpu in stock now

China Mining Co. Bitmain Shows Higher 2017 Profits Than US GPU Giant Nvidia, Report Finds

So why did we had a gpu stock prblem if they aperently maid more money than Nvidia (they sold more units)https://www.google.com/amp/s/cointelegraph.com/news/china-mining-co-bitmain-shows-higher-2017-profits-than-us-gpu-giant-nvidia-report-finds/amp

Bitcoin and alt-coin mining are two different things.

Bitcoin mining is done with ASICs which is what that company sells.

Alt-coins like Ethereum cannot be mined with ASICs and need the VRAM on GPUs to be mined.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I'm presuming it's much easier to set up a GPU for mining than it is to setup a custom ASIC. And probably the only reason why said ASIC company was able to turn a higher profit than NVIDIA is because they probably penny pinched on every expense they could (I'm sure support is non-existent) and at the same time, price gouged when demand got high. The company also likely profits directly off their sales, whereas NVIDIA doesn't. NVIDIA still sells their hardware at MSRP or the AIB's equivalent and it's the stores who sell video cards who are reaping most of the profit off price gouging.

10 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I'm sure support is non-existent

Bitmain ain't never gonna provide some sauce so Louis Rossmann can fix that Antminer D3.