Which internet connection do I need?

Go to solution Solved by Aleks NE,
2 minutes ago, Hip said:

Hey guys,

I'd like to know if a 16mb/s internet connection is enough to watch movies on streaming or is a 50mb/s connection necessary?

Thanks in advance.

It depends on how many people will be using the internet with you and the resolution you'll be watching at. Sure 16mb/s is enough however you will have buffering when the will be multiple people or devices are connected to the internet. 

Hey guys,

I'd like to know if a 16mb/s internet connection is enough to watch movies on streaming or is a 50mb/s connection necessary?

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, Hip said:

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance.

It depends on how many people will be using the internet with you and the resolution you'll be watching at. Sure 16mb/s is enough however you will have buffering when the will be multiple people or devices are connected to the internet. 

1 minute ago, said:

Just 1 person. No additional usage of the internet. Full HD TV.

Just now, Hip said:

Just 1 person. No additional usage of the internet.

You should be fine then. 

a client i deal with has almost 200 employees in an office building with a 40Mbps "guest" connection, and everyone and their dog is streaming spotify there :P

as long as you dont mind big things taking a while to download, you dont need nearly as much as ISPs would like you to believe.

Just now, manikyath said:

*snip*

Had a client think that upgrading modems or routers would make the connection speed even better.. 

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."