Tubing/Coolant Recommendations

I just got everything for my new WC loop and was wondering what tubing/coolant I should get. I know that im using 3/8 ID 1/2 OD. I want to do blue tubing so whatever I can do to have that would be nice, meaning either the tubes or coolant be blue. Im thinking of using blue coolant with clear tubing for if I want to change the colors but I hear that the coolant can discolor. Thanks!

Quote from FAQ 4.3

Q: Clear coolant or clear tubes?

At some point you will be faced with the decision between colored tubes or colored coolant. Both have their benefits. With colored coolant and clear tubes you will get better looks. You will also be able to bleed your loop more easily as you can actually see bubbles. From experience when using colored tubes, especially ones that aren't partially see-through you can never tell if your system has bled all the air because you cannot see the bubbles. This makes it very difficult if you don't have acrylic blocks. One thing that makes colored tubes better is staining. Dyes in your coolant will stain your whole loop. You will need to clean it thoroughly before the next use if you want to change the color. Therefore, if you want easy maintenance go with colored tubes. Some people say they have issues with dyes clogging up their system. That's just a myth and you shouldn't worry about it as it only occurs with bad coolants.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Hmmm... how hard is it to clean the dye from the loop?

You will probably have to disassemble blocks and wash them.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

You will probably have to disassemble blocks and wash them.

That sounds like a lot of work just to do that. I think ill get colored tubing with clear coolant. Whats the best looking/performing tubing and coolant?

Im thinking primochill advsnced LRT but have no idea what a good coolant is.

distilled water and a kill coil or biocide.

EK's Ekoolant, any of the mayham coolants are good choises. For best temps DI Water and a biocide of your choise is the way to go. If you go mayhams avoid the aroura line as it wasn't made for long term use.

Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Memory: 32GB 3600mhz DDR4 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 |
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, 850 Evo 500gb, 960 Pro 1tb | Cooling: Custom Liquid Cooling Loop (CPU/GPU) | Case: CaseLabs Mercury S8+Pedestal  | Monitors: Asus ROG Swift PG279Q + PA238QR

distilled water and a kill coil or biocide.

Ill use distilled water. Can you recommend a good biocide? Also, what blue tubing should I use? I was looking at PrimoChill LRT but hate the way it looks.

Ill use distilled water. Can you recommend a good biocide? Also, what blue tubing should I use? I was looking at PrimoChill LRT but hate the way it looks.

i like the XSPC high-flex, but since using distilled water for coolant, really any blue

tubing that matches your scheme. i use mayhems biocide, lot of users use PT Nuke.

i like the XSPC high-flex, but since using distilled water for coolant, really any blue

tubing that matches your scheme. i use mayhems biocide, lot of users use PT Nuke.

I found this one

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17710/ex-liq-291/Mayhems_Biocide_Extreme_-_10mL.html

And im wondering if blue or white tubes would be better. Im using a blue mobo with blue ram in a 750D with all black blocks. Ive seen blue and it looks meh but white OMG. What would you do?

Edit: blue it is lol

I found this one

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17710/ex-liq-291/Mayhems_Biocide_Extreme_-_10mL.html

And im wondering if blue or white tubes would be better. Im using a blue mobo with blue ram in a 750D with all black blocks. Ive seen blue and it looks meh but white OMG. What would you do?

Edit: blue it is lol

yes, that is what i use. on a new system build with distilled water. no kill coil needed.

looks purple or royal blue, you'll have to look at it, but me personally, i'd float it in white

tubing, matte fittings and maybe a shiny accent along the way. but if blue is the order,

a pastel blue (closer to white rays) would be accent and add contrast/vividness along

with the blackout theme.

yes, that is what i use. on a new system build with distilled water. no kill coil needed.

looks purple or royal blue, you'll have to look at it, but me personally, i'd float it in white

tubing, matte fittings and maybe a shiny accent along the way. but if blue is the order,

a pastel blue (closer to white rays) would be accent and add contrast/vividness along

with the blackout theme.

Thanks!

in my rig, i use some mayhem blood red and masterkleer black tubing, they're awesome. Recomended!