Vinyl questions

aries757
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
1 minute ago, aries757 said:

so i would need a vinyl plotter?

Yes you would require a vinyl plotter for complex designs, anything simple can be done by hand. 

so in a c U s t om build i am doing i am having a fun time with acrylic and vinyl, but..

i saw in a video where someone maybe used vinyl (or paper idk) and had a image/print on it and used tape to pull it off then put it on acrylic

how would i go about doing this? wasn't very specific

MF UH BEANS

You either buy a $5000 vinyl cutter or you pay someone to make it for you.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

26 minutes ago, aries757 said:

so in a c U s t om build i am doing i am having a fun time with acrylic and vinyl, but..

i saw in a video where someone maybe used vinyl (or paper idk) and had a image/print on it and used tape to pull it off then put it on acrylic

how would i go about doing this? wasn't very specific

What he's using is transfer tape, it's very useful for complex vinyl designs that allow you to take a cut design and transfer over toy your part instead of trying to line up and stick each and every portion. The design is not printed but cut on a vinyl plotter before remove the excess leaving you with your design that then requires the transfer tape. 

Just now, W-L said:

What he's using is transfer tape, it's very useful for complex vinyl designs that allow you to take a cut design and transfer over toy your part instead of trying to line up and stick each and every portion. The design is not printed but cut on a vinyl plotter before remove the excess leaving you with your design that then requires the transfer tape. 

MF UH BEANS

1 minute ago, aries757 said:

Yes you would require a vinyl plotter for complex designs, anything simple can be done by hand. 

On 2/21/2018 at 5:30 PM, aries757 said:

What do you need? If ya want something like in the video let me know can probably sort ya out. 

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

2 hours ago, MeDownYou said:

What do you need? If ya want something like in the video let me know can probably sort ya out. 

odd requests but, tyler the creators face, the odd future donut sign (OF) 

alot of bees. (10 or so) and flowers..

the rest i can sort out. if you are willing to help out.

MF UH BEANS