High End Rig for PubG

kage65

Id like as high FPS as I can get. Yes I know pubg is clunky, but i know I can get better than I currently have on my i7 2600 and 970 gtx

Intel BX80684I78700K 8th Gen Core i7-8700K Processor by Intel

GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 

16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16) by Corsair

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING, 11GB GDDR5X,

I already have a cmpsu-800g 800 watt PSU

I have a liquid cooler on my existing machine , I don't know the model, but will it fit on this new system, or do I need a new liquid cooler as well? Here is a pic of my existing one. 

ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q 27" 2560x1440 IPS 165Hz 4ms G-SYNC 

OR

should I go for a ASUS VG248QE 24" Full HD 1920x1080 144Hz 1ms HDMI Gaming Monitor ? 

Since I only play Pub g im trying to go for speed. Tks

IMG_0543.JPG

if you get a new cooler then your old machine will be functional, that is with a psu

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

get the PG279Q, my 6600k and gtx 980 can 70-100fps on 1440p, your setup should get higher

8 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

get the PG279Q, my 6600k and gtx 980 can 70-100fps on 1440p, your setup should get higher

Yea I was kind of leaning toward that one. 

15 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

A lot higher ! 

18 minutes ago, kage65 said:

I already have a cmpsu-800g 800 watt PSU

I have a liquid cooler on my existing machine , I don't know the model, but will it fit on this new system, or do I need a new liquid cooler as well? Here is a pic of my existing one. 

ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q 27" 2560x1440 IPS 165Hz 4ms G-SYNC 

Get a new PSU and cooler and just sell your rig complete

Get the Asus monitor, a 1080ti at 1080P is way overkill, that CPU/GPU combo will be killer at 1440P 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

I dont think I would build a new rig for PUBG.

My $250 special (E3 1220, 8gb, 750 Ti) plays it pretty good at 1080p/100% resolution scale, nearly 60 fps after prodding the settings a bit.

IMHO, where PUBG is broken is in the higher detail settings. Not a ton of benefit for massive requirements increases. It's kinda like gambling, you dont know if your upgrade will actually increase performance or even allow you to increase settings significantly.

honestly all you should have to do is overclock your existing rig. so try finding a 2600k and push it to 4.5 at least and you're going to have all the performance you can get.

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

The Corsair GS800 isn't a terrible psu and in a pinch could be reused.

The Corsair cpu cooler can most likely be reused. You will need to carefully remove it from the old cpu and clean the contact surface. Something like https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9VM3PZ6206&cm_re=thermal_paste_remover-_-35-100-010-_-Product can help with the cleaning. Although rubbing/isopropyl alcohol will do a decent job.

You will have to buy a small tube of thermal paste for mounting the cpu cooler on the new cpu. It only takes a few drops, so there is little point in getting more than a gram or two.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

On 2/21/2018 at 7:16 PM, brob said:

The Corsair GS800 isn't a terrible psu and in a pinch could be reused.

The Corsair cpu cooler can most likely be reused. You will need to carefully remove it from the old cpu and clean the contact surface. Something like https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9VM3PZ6206&cm_re=thermal_paste_remover-_-35-100-010-_-Product can help with the cleaning. Although rubbing/isopropyl alcohol will do a decent job.

You will have to buy a small tube of thermal paste for mounting the cpu cooler on the new cpu. It only takes a few drops, so there is little point in getting more than a gram or two.

So as it turns out you cannot reuse the cooler on a new system. Reason being is the plat that goes on the back of the MB is held on with two black adhesive strips. Once you pull it off I don't know of a way to get new adhesive strips. 

I wish I had known this earlier.

On 2/21/2018 at 5:48 PM, KarathKasun said:

I dont think I would build a new rig for PUBG.

My $250 special (E3 1220, 8gb, 750 Ti) plays it pretty good at 1080p/100% resolution scale, nearly 60 fps after prodding the settings a bit.

IMHO, where PUBG is broken is in the higher detail settings. Not a ton of benefit for massive requirements increases. It's kinda like gambling, you dont know if your upgrade will actually increase performance or even allow you to increase settings significantly.

I have only added the 1080ti , not even put on the new cpu and memory, and already the game runs much better. 

8 minutes ago, kage65 said:

So as it turns out you cannot reuse the cooler on a new system. Reason being is the plat that goes on the back of the MB is held on with two black adhesive strips. Once you pull it off I don't know of a way to get new adhesive strips. 

I wish I had known this earlier.

The pads are just spacers to aid installation. The fact they are sticky justs makes mounting easier. You should be able to use any non-conductive heat resistant pad of suitable thickness. They do not have to be used. See http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=95524&highlight=pads+backplate.

33 minutes ago, brob said:

The pads are just spacers to aid installation. The fact they are sticky justs makes mounting easier. You should be able to use any non-conductive heat resistant pad of suitable thickness. They do not have to be used. See http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=95524&highlight=pads+backplate.

So I can install it without the spacers? It will be tight enough? Thanks. 

11 hours ago, kage65 said:

So I can install it without the spacers? It will be tight enough? Thanks. 

Yes. Don't over tighten.

lol i play pubg on ultra  on i7 2600k 32 gigs ram and a titan with a aio water cooler no oc and i sit on about 85-90 fps 

28458661_10215523586500855_518640596_n.jpg