Are Review Sample CPUs Cherry-Picked? $H!T Viewers Say 1

23 hours ago, DoctorWho1975 said:

Interesting video from Adored.. lots of media sure got some good chips.

thanks for this video, nice to see someone actually putting real effort into their videos

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

On 3/29/2018 at 3:35 PM, DoctorWho1975 said:

Interesting video from Adored.. lots of media sure got some good chips.

Indeed, I hope this gets noticed by the LMG crew and responded to.

The original video is kinda rendered completely moot with a sample size of two. Well, four I guess, but who's counting?

On 3/29/2018 at 1:58 PM, LinusTech said:

Yeah, you could make that argument.

But the idea of special CPUs beyond luck of the draw (which at the end of the day is a pretty small amount of variation in such a precise and controlled manufacturing process) was pretty ridiculous in the first place.

Do you guys have anything to say about the new AdoredTV video? He does a deep dive of the 8700ks tech outlets received vs the statistics of how good they are. Seems pretty scathing to me. It's hard to argue with statistics like that.

I doubt any company would try to cherry pick products for reviewers or cheery pick products for their first batch to consumers now considering the fiasco with the Kingston V300 SSDs and the iPhone battery drama but I wouldn't be surprised if they did in the past. I'd prefer if you tested old review samples instead ones released recently. Although I wouldn't be surprised if this happened again, I live in a poor country and we definitely get bad quality batches of products that didn't make the cut for first world countries(although still not as bad as ones for the African and other third world countries market). Considering a company usually sends it's worst batches of products to developing countries it's not out of their ability to make sure they distribute their best samples among reviewers. Also correct me if I'm wrong but didn't one of the enthusiast Intel CPUs Linus reviews some time ago, had their engineering samples(that they send to youtubers for reviews) with soldered IHS where the version released to the public had a thermal paste(as most Intel CPUs do) instead, isn't that a sort of cherry picking or even worse a product with different functionality? 

NO! It's art, it's colonialism and you'll never get it!