MCable for an Xbox 1

Cole5

Just gettign my taxes back and i'm wondering if i should buy one or 2 of those MCables for my consoles, I am getting one for my PS3 to make old games just that bit shinier, But i'm wondering just how much it will work for my XBox on an old plasma TV when stuff seems plenty sharp allready 

30 minutes ago, Cole5 said:

Just gettign my taxes back and i'm wondering if i should buy one or 2 of those MCables for my consoles, I am getting one for my PS3 to make old games just that bit shinier, But i'm wondering just how much it will work for my XBox on an old plasma TV when stuff seems plenty sharp allready 

I would argue anything that's not HD content wouldn't be worth while. At some point post-processing isn't going to make the image look better. It may even make it look worse.

1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I would argue anything that's not HD content wouldn't be worth while. At some point post-processing isn't going to make the image look better. It may even make it look worse.

The PS3 outputs at 780 P, i thought that was the range that it looked the best in, Aw well, Guess ya saved me a few hundred bucks

On 2/20/2018 at 2:55 PM, M.Yurizaki said:

That cable is supposed to be absolutely killer with 480p content but have diminishing returns with higher resolutions. Might be decent for PS3 or XBox 360 since they render at 720p.

On 2/23/2018 at 12:49 AM, SteveGrabowski0 said:

That cable is supposed to be absolutely killer with 480p content but have diminishing returns with higher resolutions. Might be decent for PS3 or XBox 360 since they render at 720p.

SO okay for PS3 not much use for xbox 1? 

4 hours ago, Cole5 said:

SO okay for PS3 not much use for xbox 1? 

Have you seen Linus' review for the MCable? It's worth checking out since he tested it with sources at different resolutions. I would guess it would clean up the PS3 picture quality noticeably by effectively adding a layer of AA if I'm remembering right . But the gaming MCable costs more than three times what I paid for my PS3 so I doubt I'd buy one myself. It's too bad PS2 doesn't output in 480p (most games seem to be 480i), as an MCable there would probably be incredible on that system if it did.

On 2/20/2018 at 3:57 PM, M.Yurizaki said:

Oh wait, are you talking about the Xbox One? Then I wouldn't do it still. I'm 99% sure plasmas were only 1080i until a few years ago, and even then, you had to get a big TV.

I can confirm that many Plasma TV's had 1080p, no problem at all. There's no inherent limitation with Plasma that would force 1080i.

My Plasma TV is from... like... 2012 or so, and it's 1080p. And all the other Plasma TV's you could buy at the time (in-store) were also 1080p. Granted, there weren't a lot of smaller Plasma TV's.

You'd have to be talking about pre-2010 or early 2000's Plasma TV's for them to be 1080i.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

25 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I can confirm that many Plasma TV's had 1080p, no problem at all. There's no inherent limitation with Plasma that would force 1080i.

My Plasma TV is from... like... 2012 or so, and it's 1080p. And all the other Plasma TV's you could buy at the time (in-store) were also 1080p. Granted, there weren't a lot of smaller Plasma TV's.

You'd have to be talking about pre-2010 or early 2000's Plasma TV's for them to be 1080i.

I wasn't clear. Unless it's big TV (like 50"+), I've found plasmas to go up to 1080i. And I'm not aware of the popularity of sub 50" plasma TVs

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I wasn't clear. Unless it's big TV (like 50"+), I've found plasmas to go up to 1080i. And I'm not aware of the popularity of sub 50" plasma TVs

Sub 50" plasma TV's weren't very common anyway, to be fair.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Mines a 42 and seems to be able to do 1080P 60