Windows 10 - External Hardrive icon not showing values for space used

Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

Ah very simple, the title for the drive is too long. Rename it to a shorter one, and you'll see the drive size, and how much is free, like the other ones.

Hi there,

For some reason whenever i plug my external hardrive into my PC, the values to show the amount of space being used doesn't appear. The graphical icon appears but the values underneath don't. So I can't actually see how much i'm using. Check out the picture below, as you an see, my normal internal hardrives have the values underneath the icons to show the amount used, but the external drive doesn't. It's strange because it only started hiding the values recently on my external drive.

Is there any way i can fix this, so that my external hardrive has the values underneath the icon for the amount of space used, like my other internal drives.

Thanks

Untitled.png

Go to view and choose 'Tiles' , see if that fixes it.  When I choose 'Tiles', it even shows the used and free space in my NAS.

Ah very simple, the title for the drive is too long. Rename it to a shorter one, and you'll see the drive size, and how much is free, like the other ones.

17 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Got it, thanks. I didn't realise that.