Canon EOS 1300D (Rebel T6) Vs iPhone SE

Canon EOS 1300D (Rebel T6) Vs iPhone SE   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Canon EOS 1300D (Rebel T6) Vs iPhone SE

• Canon EOS 1300D (Rebel T6)
    • iPhone SE

T6. Always.

It's up to you to make out if it's worth it for the extra bulk.

If you don't own them yet I'd recommend the Nikon D3300 or Rebel SL2 over them.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

21 minutes ago, JDE said:

T6. Always.

It's up to you to make out if it's worth it for the extra bulk.

What about video production?? 

T6 vs SE video quality???

Just now, LIQUIDFOX00200 said:

I recommend Canon over Nikon as Canon have better colour production

34 minutes ago, LIQUIDFOX00200 said:

I'd take the SE for the lightness, but T6 would give better quality??

34 minutes ago, LIQUIDFOX00200 said:

I recommend Canon over Nikon as Canon have better colour production

I'd take the D3300 over the T6 any day since it takes similar quality photos for like $150 less

SL2 isn't that much over the T6 though, and is much better for video and photo. 60fps, DualPixel Focus, T7i sensor.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

14 hours ago, LIQUIDFOX00200 said:

The iPhone SE records 4K, and the T6 only records 1080p max. So the iPhone's video might look crisper,

However the T6 has many advantages over the SE, including being way way better in low light, control over depth of field, manual control over shutter speed and better looking colours. Also the ability to shoot with a flat colour profile for easier colour grading. Not to mention lens options for zooms etc.

4 hours ago, Rootzy said:

The iPhone SE records 4K, and the T6 only records 1080p max. So the iPhone's video might look crisper,

If OP wants 4K I would recommend a 4K camera over the iPhone. Remember the iPhone has to have some shortcomings because it's a phone.

If OP wants 4K I would suggest something like GX85 since Canon has been slow in 4K... The proclaimed M50 could change that, but I'm going to say that thing will cost a good few bucks.

What makes the huge difference is what is OP's intentions with the camera? If you want a live walking around vlogging feel I'd go with the SE (or a gopro for that matter, or even a simple point and shoot) for something even semi pro like sit down and talk (like LMG) or anything requiring optical zoom (not digital, never do digital...) I'd go with a stand alone camera.

If OP could spend a few extra bucks I would suggest getting the T6i over the T6. Better everything including a vari-angle screen (trust me it's a benefit)

2 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

If OP wants 4K I would recommend a 4K camera over the iPhone. Remember the iPhone has to have some shortcomings because it's a phone.

If OP wants 4K I would suggest something like GX85 since Canon has been slow in 4K... The proclaimed M50 could change that, but I'm going to say that thing will cost a good few bucks.

What makes the huge difference is what is OP's intentions with the camera? If you want a live walking around vlogging feel I'd go with the SE (or a gopro for that matter, or even a simple point and shoot) for something even semi pro like sit down and talk (like LMG) or anything requiring optical zoom (not digital, never do digital...) I'd go with a stand alone camera.

If OP could spend a few extra bucks I would suggest getting the T6i over the T6. Better everything including a vari-angle screen (trust me it's a benefit)

Yes, for vlogging the SE or a GoPro would be a good idea, although I agree for other styles a dedicated camera would be better in every way over an iPhone. And there are some good 4K cameras in that price range!

11 hours ago, Rootzy said:

However the T6 has many advantages over the SE, including being way way better in low light,

Did you test that?

47 minutes ago, LIQUIDFOX00200 said:

What are the lossless video formats or raw formats??

Videos that are not compressed. They contain a lot more information in them that makes it easier to color grade and such in post. 

However those formats are almost only to be found in expensive cinema cameras. And it isn’t enough with just a camera that shoots it. You need a strong editing rig and lots of storage as they eat up GB fast. 4k raw files are huge. But its no concern for you as you will not find any camera that shoots that for a reasonable price. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

9 hours ago, .spider. said:

Did you test that?

No but with good lenses, bigger sensor and lower noise a DSLR should look better

13 hours ago, .spider. said:

Did you test that?

I have an eos 50d since it came out in 2008 and recently got to edit images off an iphone 7s plus, yes the t6 will outperform the iphone in low light, by quite a margin in fact. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

8 hours ago, cc143 said:

I have an eos 50d since it came out in 2008 and recently got to edit images off an iphone 7s plus, yes the t6 will outperform the iphone in low light, by quite a margin in fact. 

I think we are talking about video

19 hours ago, .spider. said:

I think we are talking about video

Anything that has a optical lens will outperform one with something that doesn't. When in native capture (no zoom) it comes down to sensor size along with software. To me I think it comes down to portability requirements for op, if they need something easy on the go then the phone is the way to go.

If they don't need portability the canon (or any DSLR) is and always will be the better of the 2.

3 hours ago, Egg-Roll said:

Anything that has a optical lens will outperform one with something that doesn't. 

Luckily the iPhone has one.

1 minute ago, .spider. said:

Luckily the iPhone has one.

I realized that mistake after posting it, but was on the mobile version and couldn't be bothered to try to fuss with it...