DDC pump.. But THAT noisy?

ProRules

Hello.

So i have a swiftech MCP50X PWM pump.

It makes a weird humming noise,more like a combination of humming and "ruuuuuuuu" could even call it vibrating.

Its like totally unbearable, even at 40% or hell even 35% of its speed, it still makes that humming noise but extremely loud.

The noise is like spread all around the case, can't identify the noise location because it is so loud even on like i said 35% (But it is the pump 100% because when i change the pump speed the sound changes).

sometimes 43% speed would sound better than 40% because the sound frequencies change..

13 hours ago, ProRules said:

Hello.

It makes a weird humming noise,more like a combination of humming and "ruuuuuuuu" could even call it vibrating.

Its like totally unbearable, even at 40% or hell even 35% of its speed, it still makes that humming noise but extremely loud.

The noise is like spread all around the case, can't identify the noise location because it is so loud even on like i said 35% (But it is the pump 100% because when i change the pump speed the sound changes).

sometimes 43% speed would sound better than 40% because the sound frequencies change..

The DDC is not silent but fairly quiet, it sounds like what you're experiencing is probably vibration from the pump that being amplified as it gets transfer over to the case. Depending on how you have it setup you can decouple the pump so it doesn't easily pass any vibration through. 

what was that? i couldnt hear you over your DDC pump!

also, like @W-Lsaid, its probably just the vibration noise, a thin foam under the pump can help dampen that.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

30 minutes ago, ProRules said:

Hello.

If your pump is air locked at all it will scream... most pumps when dry are very loud

12 hours ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

If your pump is air locked at all it will scream... most pumps when dry are very loud

What do you mean by "air locked" ?

I bet you mean, air pocket locked inside the pump?

3 minutes ago, ProRules said:

What do you mean by "air locked" ?

I bet you mean, air pocket locked inside the pump?

Yes

2 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

Yes

I have run the pump with the reservoir open for an hour to get rid of air in the system.