DPI settings

MrRemnant
Go to solution Solved by r2724r16,
2 hours ago, HK - 47 said:

Steel series rival 100. And I’ve got the slider at the 3rd point. 

https://steelseries.com/engine

So, i’m About 4 months into pc gaming, and I still don’t know what DPI I use. I hear stuff like 1600 dpi etc a lot when sens is talked about. I’ve been using the top slider (in pic that was taken from YT vid) and adjusting that to ‘change my dpi’ have I actually been changing my dpi or not? If I have, how can I tell what number my dpi is at or, if I haven’t, where do I change my dpi?

thanks

CCB64460-322A-4E7B-9F5B-1523807EFE61.png

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

EVGA supernova 650 watts 80+ gold

3x WD caviar blue 1tb HDD

1x Corsair SSD

Depends on the space you're working with I've a lot so I feel comfortable with 400DPI.

oof owie blue liquid is coming out of my eyes pls help

2 minutes ago, warlinty said:

Depends on the space you're working with I've a lot so I feel comfortable with 400DPI.

But is that the DPI settings?

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

1x Corsair SSD

I use my g502 at 6000 dpi all the time. No one can tell you what dpi to use your mouse. Your picture shows the tracking speed of your mouse. If your mouse's dpi is 4000 and your slider is moved to mid point, then your mouse is currently at 2000 dpi. If you tell me what mouse you have, I can help you more.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 minute ago, HK - 47 said:

But is that the DPI settings?

No. The mouse sensitivity options in Windows scales the data it receives from the mouse. A high DPI mouse will translate small physical movements into large software ones. Mouse sensitivity will tune it further. So let's say if you move the mouse an inch and it makes the cursor travel 400 pixels in its raw data form, the mouse sensitivity option in the middle setting will scale that to say 200 pixels.

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

No. The mouse sensitivity options in Windows scales the data it receives from the mouse. A high DPI mouse will translate small physical movements into large software ones. Mouse sensitivity will tune it further. So let's say if you move the mouse an inch and it makes the cursor travel 400 pixels in its raw data form, the mouse sensitivity option in the middle setting will scale that to say 200 pixels.

So where can I change the dpi?

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

1x Corsair SSD

10 minutes ago, HK - 47 said:

So where can I change the dpi?

It depends on your mouse. Some have only one DPI setting you can't change. Some have hard presets you can change via one of the buttons. Some you can modify through software you get from the manufacturer.

DPI is a setting in your mouse software. To keep accuracy you should always leave the windows slider at step 6/11. 

If you want to check your DPI there is a calulator online where you enter in the amount of distance you moved you mouse and base on the ruler on your screen you can get a rough reading of what DPI you have. U don't remember where I saw that though. Others might know this place too. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

33 minutes ago, Rasbir Singh said:

I use my g502 at 6000 dpi all the time. No one can tell you what dpi to use your mouse. Your picture shows the tracking speed of your mouse. If your mouse's dpi is 4000 and your slider is moved to mid point, then your mouse is currently at 2000 dpi. If you tell me what mouse you have, I can help you more.

Rx580 Red Devil

Msi b40 tomahawk

Ryzen 5 2600

NZXT H500

Arctic Freezer 33 

1x Corsair SSD

2 hours ago, HK - 47 said:

https://steelseries.com/engine

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones