Maximus Hero X and Aura Sync Problem

jefftm95

Hello everybody,

Recently I rebuilt my computer in a new case and bought an Asus Maximus Hero X to go with it. I wanted to get the aura sync working for the mobo, as it is working for both my gfx card and addressable led strips, but the mobo is not showing up on the aura sync software. I've tried unblocking all of the files in the IO folder, running as admin during installation and startup, changing the bios settings to turn the rgb off then back on, etc.

Does anybody here know how to fix this? It's not a huge problem, but it would be nice if the mobo were able to actually sync up with the rest of the rgb.

Thanks in advance!

On 2/16/2018 at 11:35 AM, MkaiL said:

Which version of aura did you download? Did you get the latest version through the support page of your mobo?

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-X-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

Yes, I'm running the version straight from the mobo page. Same page, except the wifi one.

I followed the steps taken in this video: 

It didn't work, but it did add my DRAM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So randomly last night, the motherboard decided to attach to aura sync - I noticed it glowing in unison, then checked to confirm.

The only thing I've done is move some thermaltake cables that are unrelated and attempted to install/uninstall AI Suite several times. I suspect it either randomly recognized it or that the failed installation of AI Suite somehow fixed it.

Posting this because I couldn't find any solutions on google.

image.png.467cde0606ac200f72923ab419a1be3b.png

Wish I saw this before dude, there are a load of check boxes in the download file u have to check and run as admin to et it to work first time

or which in your case probly happened when u moved thoes cables u unplugged the power and a full system drain then reboot also fixes it 

So navigate to here and there are a bunch of file, right click all of them and where my mouse is there will be a unblock box u can tick 

"once you download and unpackage the zip file, go into the folder titles IO. Each of the files titled ASIO, go into the properties and at the bottom click to unblock them. once you do that, go back out into the main file, right click on setup.exe and run it is an administrator. after the reboot, right click on the aura program, run that as an admin as well, and hopefully it will work. This is the only way it would work for me. My motherboard and Ram populated for me after that."

just posting this incase  case someone else has this problem and comes across ur post dude 

IMG_2511.JPG

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

On 3/10/2018 at 1:44 PM, Ebony Falcon said:

Wish I saw this before dude, there are a load of check boxes in the download file u have to check and run as admin to et it to work first time

or which in your case probly happened when u moved thoes cables u unplugged the power and a full system drain then reboot also fixes it 

So navigate to here and there are a bunch of file, right click all of them and where my mouse is there will be a unblock box u can tick 

"once you download and unpackage the zip file, go into the folder titles IO. Each of the files titled ASIO, go into the properties and at the bottom click to unblock them. once you do that, go back out into the main file, right click on setup.exe and run it is an administrator. after the reboot, right click on the aura program, run that as an admin as well, and hopefully it will work. This is the only way it would work for me. My motherboard and Ram populated for me after that."

just posting this incase  case someone else has this problem and comes across ur post dude 

IMG_2511.JPG

In the prior posts I stated that I did all of that, and I've drained power manually many times. The only cables unplugged were fan controller cables. The only other thing I did was attempt to install AI suite multiple times.

6 hours ago, jefftm95 said:

In the prior posts I stated that I did all of that, and I've drained power manually many times. The only cables unplugged were fan controller cables. The only other thing I did was attempt to install AI suite multiple times.

Ok well this is the fix anyways bro 

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

7 hours ago, Ebony Falcon said:

Ok well this is the fix anyways bro 

You aren't listening - weeks ago I tried doing exactly what you posted across several repetitions of installations and it did not work.

1 hour ago, jefftm95 said:

You aren't listening - weeks ago I tried doing exactly what you posted across several repetitions of installations and it did not work.

Workers for me and 4 others

-13600kf 

- 4000 32gb ram 

-4070ti super duper 

• 7 months later...
On 3/10/2018 at 1:44 PM, Ebony Falcon said:

IMG_2511.JPG

This solved my problem, thanks a lot!

I also found that it's best to unblock the ZIP file then extract everything. That way all the files inside the ZIP are unblocked together so you don't have to do them one by one.