Disabling Touch Screen= More battery life?

Hello! For years, I've wondered if disabling certain functions on my laptop will allow it to last longer away from the wall plug. Recently after acquiring a yoga 720 15 inch (4k), the lacklustre battery life got me wondering if disabling the touch screen function would help show significant improvement in battery life.

After a bit of research, there hasn't been any conclusive evidence of this working and I was hoping someone here would be able to help me out :)

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

1 minute ago, samuelrawrs said:

Hello! For years, I've wondered if disabling certain functions on my laptop will allow it to last longer away from the wall plug. Recently after acquiring a yoga 720 15 inch (4k), the lacklustre battery life got me wondering if disabling the touch screen function would help show significant improvement in battery life.

After a bit of research, there hasn't been any conclusive evidence of this working and I was hoping someone here would be able to help me out :)

The touchscreen capacitive layer draws almost no power at idle and is negligible even when registering input events. It also typically used i2c or spi to connect to the CPU rather than normal USB in order to use less power to move the data.

Realistically if it does make a difference it will be unnoticeable. Disabling Bluetooth and Wifi and dropping screen brightness and resolution will have a *much* bigger impact.

1 minute ago, samuelrawrs said:

Disabling the touch screen via Windows likely won't save any power at all, because the digitizer components are still powered on.

You'd probably have to physically disconnect the hardware.

And it probably won't save you more than a few minutes of total battery life at best anyway.

But I don't think anyone has tested this.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The 4k resolution is the cause, downscale desktop resolution to 1080p may help

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128