NVIDIA® Quadro® K600 vs GTX 760

bacosta1993
Go to solution Solved by beebskadoo,

Please for the love of Jeebus, go with the 760!

Okay so I am building a budget Editing build for my brother. He is going to be using the Adobe Suite and I wanted to know what graphics card would be better and why? The GTX 760 has way more cuda cores and gddr5 so it sounds like a better card but I do not know.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Unless you know that you need the quadro, the 760 is the better option.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

GeForce GTX 760 because no doubt it'll be cheaper and also better for games if he decides to play them.

The Quadro may have less cores and if I'm not mistaken I think that is the last gen Fermi but with those it is the drivers that are important and for that it'll perform better I'd imagine for the programs it is designed to be used on but a lot more expensive and also piss poor for games though it wasn't designed for gaming.

EDIT: Shit just Googled it, I thought it was the more powerful Quadro, jesus don't get it mate

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

There's very little point to getting a quadro card for Adobe.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The quadro K4000 which is a higher end quadro is only a improved 650Ti boost.

Unless you know that you need the quadro, the 760 is the better option.

GeForce GTX 760 because no doubt it'll be cheaper and also better for games if he decides to play them.

The Quadro may have less cores and if I'm not mistaken I think that is the last gen Fermi but with those it is the drivers that are important and for that it'll perform better I'd imagine for the programs it is designed to be used on but a lot more expensive and also piss poor for games though it wasn't designed for gaming.

There's very little point to getting a quadro card for Adobe.

Lol I thought so. I knew the 760 was better but he said a quadro was what he used at school so he wanted that. 

The quadro K4000 which is a higher end quadro is only a improved 650Ti boost.

Quadros are rip offs then lol

Lol I thought so. I knew the 760 was better but he said a quadro was what he used at school so he wanted that. 

Slap him in the balls!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Choose you as the best answer because you answered first. 

If he games, get the 760.  If he does work I'd still suggest the 760 unless he needs some serious stuff then Only if he will truly do work (like 3D renderings and such) get the Quadro.

Always go for gaming GPUs like the 760 for home rigs and most Work rigs (it's overkill for most work rigs.)

Quadro only for Workstation Computers

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Okay so I am building a budget Editing build for my brother. He is going to be using the Adobe Suite and I wanted to know what graphics card would be better and why? The GTX 760 has way more cuda cores and gddr5 so it sounds like a better card but I do not know.

What version of the Adobe Suite will he be running and what parts of it? I ask because a 280X might be a better choice.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Quadros are rip offs then lol

No, quadro cards are specifically designed for color work and compute type operation. they have more stability, run cooler, have different drivers, are binned better but are more expensive. It's a different beast really.

Hail Sithis!

Choose you as the best answer because you answered first. 

WINNING!

Hail Sithis!

Quadro only for Workstation Computers

Quadros aren't only for workstations.

*cough* 10-bit panels *cough*

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What version of the Adobe Suite will he be running and what parts of it? I ask because a 280X might be a better choice.

CS 6 I believe. 

No, quadro cards are specifically designed for color work and compute type operation. they have more stability, run cooler, have different drivers, are binned better but are more expensive. It's a different beast really.

Oh okay and I think they support 4k displays if I am not mistaken. 

Oh okay and I think they support 4k displays if I am not mistaken. 

760 supports 4K

Hail Sithis!