Any tips on raising feet of case?

Go to solution Solved by Dissitesuxba11s,
Just now, stateofpsychosis said:

Oh, it's not for that build. It's for a used parts build in a corsair 200r I'm working on for my dad.

Oh, I should have asked.

1 minute ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Those look good, but they're screw on so I'll have to take a look at the case before deciding.

Thanks.

You can hot glue them on if you are making them a permanent add-on, or use Command strips so they are detachable. 

I want to raise a computer a bit higher off the ground to give the bottom fans more room to breath.

There's more than one way to do this I'm sure,

but does anyone have any suggestions on ways to do this that will look clean and professional when finished? :)

I was thinking maybe the things you put on the bottom of furniture to keep it from scratching the floor, but I think I'd rather something rubber that'll look like it's meant to be part of the case. Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Like you mentioned, maybe something like these rubber bumpers might work. I'm not sure what the measurements of the feet of the Enthoo Pro M are, so maybe pick some that are a bit bigger.

Oh, it's not for that build. It's for a used parts build in a corsair 200r I'm working on for my dad.

5 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Like you mentioned, maybe something like these rubber bumpers might work. I'm not sure what the measurements of the feet of the Enthoo Pro M are, so maybe pick some that are a bit bigger.

Those look good, but they're screw on so I'll have to take a look at the case before deciding.

Thanks.

Just now, stateofpsychosis said:

Oh, I should have asked.

1 minute ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Thanks.

You can hot glue them on if you are making them a permanent add-on, or use Command strips so they are detachable. 

2 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Oh, I should have asked.

I found some stick on ones too. I might just grab both and try them out. None of this stuff is expensive anyhow :P

Thanks.

4 hours ago, stateofpsychosis said:

I want to raise a computer a bit higher off the ground to give the bottom fans more room to breath.

There's more than one way to do this I'm sure,

but does anyone have any suggestions on ways to do this that will look clean and professional when finished? :)

I was thinking maybe the things you put on the bottom of furniture to keep it from scratching the floor, but I think I'd rather something rubber that'll look like it's meant to be part of the case. Thoughts?

I use Wheels so I can also move the case if needed.

Link: http://www.caselabs-store.com/caster-kit-hd/

There designed for Case-Labs. They work with many other cases too, if needed they can be modded in very easily.

If you don't want wheels these work great too. I have a pair and they look and built amazingly.

Link: https://mod-one.com/pc-modding-accessories/pc-case-feet/full-size-pc-case-feet/

Here are some more all are made in-House: https://mnpctech.com/pc-computer-stereo-desktop-case-feet/

------

uffqU6kl.jpg

8h8afLkl.jpg

Photos were hard to take, I also have a drains for my custom loop.

Here are the other ones I have, they were to short for me since I had to add a drain in my case.

PxhErCJl.jpg

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

9 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

I use Wheels so I can also move the case if needed.

Link: http://www.caselabs-store.com/caster-kit-hd/

There designed for Case-Labs. They work with many other cases too, if needed they can be modded in very easily.

If you don't want wheels these work great too. I have a pair and they look and built amazingly.

Link: https://mod-one.com/pc-modding-accessories/pc-case-feet/full-size-pc-case-feet/

Here are some more all are made in-House: https://mnpctech.com/pc-computer-stereo-desktop-case-feet/

------

uffqU6kl.jpg

8h8afLkl.jpg

Photos were hard to take, I also have a drains for my custom loop.

Here are the other ones I have, they were to short for me since I had to add a drain in my case.

PxhErCJl.jpg

Cool idea, but I have my system hooked up to an Oculus Rift so I wouldn't want my system to follow me, end up tripping over it and face planting :P VR is like that. Actually, the question is about one I'm building for my dad, but it's also going to be for VR so wheels would be a definite no go.

7 hours ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Cool idea, but I have my system hooked up to an Oculus Rift so I wouldn't want my system to follow me, end up tripping over it and face planting :P VR is like that. Actually, the question is about one I'm building for my dad, but it's also going to be for VR so wheels would be a definite no go.

The wheels have locks. It would takes a bit of force to actually move the case, Specially if the case sits on carpet or other such surfaces.

10 hours ago, Revan654 said:

The wheels have locks. It would takes a bit of force to actually move the case, Specially if the case sits on carpet or other such surfaces.

Oh yea, that would make sense for carpet. Still though, I'd forget to lock the wheels. I'm like that :P

3 hours ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Oh yea, that would make sense for carpet. Still though, I'd forget to lock the wheels. I'm like that :P

It would take some force to actually move the case. It would even be harder to move if the case has custom loop.

21 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

It would take some force to actually move the case. It would even be harder to move if the case has custom loop.

Yea, I play it extra safe with VR though. I've already almost koolaid man'ed the wall. Not even risking it :P I don't want it on wheels anyways. Just about a 1/4 of an inch higher :) It's hardwood too not carpet. I'm raising it because I'm installing a fan filter at the bottom for a bottom fan.

2 hours ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Yea, I play it extra safe with VR though. I've already almost koolaid man'ed the wall. Not even risking it :P I don't want it on wheels anyways. Just about a 1/4 of an inch higher :) It's hardwood too not carpet. I'm raising it because I'm installing a fan filter at the bottom for a bottom fan.

Then I suggest getting the feet from Mod-One.