I own 16GB of G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz speed but have not been able to reach that frequency. I have an intel core i7 8700k that I have overclocked to 5.0Ghz at 1.345v, but when I go to overclock my memory, I cannot reach speeds faster than 2666 MHz. My motherboard is the ASUS z370 Maximus Hero AC/Wifi edition. I have read online that integrated memory controllers on motherboards might affect ram speeds. Is it just my motherboard that is limiting my speeds, or is there another factor here that I am missing. Also, I have my overclock profile set on XMP. 

Thanks

memory controller is on the CPU.... you were just unlucky. you can up the voltage to it in BIOS just like for any OC. it's not the same as CPU voltage

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

Overclocking the CPU reduces the chances for high clock RAM from working properly (not like a strict rule, rather than a statistical observation).

Did you check RAM compatibility with in your motherboard's memory compatibility list?.