Biocide for your loop?

Okay, I've been looking into metallurgy the last few days for loops, and I'm trying to find a biocide that will work with a stainless+PETG loop containing copper and nickel(not that this matters since stainless is nickel composite). 

I've avoided aluminum parts all together, which is good, however the two most common options being silver kill coils and pt nuke won't work for this loop. The silver being a problem for the stainless, and pt nuke being a problem for the petg tubing, So i was wondering what else is out there?

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

2 minutes ago, MeDownYou said:

Okay, I've been looking into metallurgy the last few days for loops, and I'm trying to find a biocide that will work with a stainless+PETG loop containing copper and nickel(not that this matters since stainless is nickel composite). 

I've avoided aluminum parts all together, which is good, however the two most common options being silver kill coils and pt nuke won't work for this loop. The silver being a problem for the stainless, and pt nuke being a problem for the petg tubing, So i was wondering what else is out there?

As you have nickel in the loop you don't want to use silver. You can use (clear) PT nuke which has no issue with PETG but personally I would suggest theses days to go for a concentrate like Mayhems X1 or EKWB's Cryofuel as they have everything needed in them. 

26 minutes ago, W-L said:

As you have nickel in the loop you don't want to use silver. You can use (clear) PT nuke which has no issue with PETG but personally I would suggest theses days to go for a concentrate like Mayhems X1 or EKWB's Cryofuel as they have everything needed in them. 

Would that be this one? https://smile.amazon.com/Petras-Tech-Nuke-Concentrated-Biocide/dp/B008EGYJ54/ref=pd_bxgy_147_img_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B008EGYJ54&pd_rd_r=07DYR6REMHV34C3E45P1&pd_rd_w=wrAoD&pd_rd_wg=4mEan&psc=1&refRID=07DYR6REMHV34C3E45P1

I had purchased a UV Red nanoxia de-ionized water http://www.performance-pcs.com/scratch-dent-nanoxia-extreme-stark-uv-red-readyfluid-1000-ml.html#Features

and was going to just add a few drops of something like pt nuke, but I'd be curious on what  you'd think about this mayhems x1 UV Red, would it be similar?

https://smile.amazon.com/Mayhems-XT-1-Concentrate-Coolant-100ml/dp/B073M4M5C9/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518304058&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=mayhems+x1+uv+red

The Vinyl Decal guy.

4 minutes ago, MeDownYou said:

For Clear PT nbuke it would be the Benzalkonium chloride type, not the copper sulfate (blue) version. 

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/peptpcobi1.html

As for the Nanoxia stuff I don't know what they have in that, if it's just distilled water that's colored and UV red or if it has other additives already in place. From looking at the description it seems to point to it already having anti-corrosive and biocides in the fluid. 

The mixing ratio of coolants is balanced in protection, design and performance. Any further mixing and/or diluting of coolants would significantly de-balance the mixture of the coolant and therefore reduce performance.

For the Mayhems stuff it would work well as they've had a pretty long history in watercooling, you can see yourself if you like the coloring of their UV red fluid. As with all UV fluids reds and oranges are the least reactive compared to blue and green which is the most. 

Spoiler

XT-1_Nuke_test_tubes__yeqz-op_1024x1024.

Image result for xt nuke

I personaly use Mayhems Biocide Extreme, had it in the same loop for a couple years now without a changing liquid (Mayhems ultra Pure H2O) so i sugest that.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

On 2/10/2018 at 5:27 PM, W-L said:

For Clear PT nbuke it would be the Benzalkonium chloride type, not the copper sulfate (blue) version. 

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/peptpcobi1.html

As for the Nanoxia stuff I don't know what they have in that, if it's just distilled water that's colored and UV red or if it has other additives already in place. From looking at the description it seems to point to it already having anti-corrosive and biocides in the fluid. 

For the Mayhems stuff it would work well as they've had a pretty long history in watercooling, you can see yourself if you like the coloring of their UV red fluid. As with all UV fluids reds and oranges are the least reactive compared to blue and green which is the most. 

Hide contents

XT-1_Nuke_test_tubes__yeqz-op_1024x1024.

Image result for xt nuke

Thanks for the pictures I looked into it a bit more and well found this on the product page

Mayhems XT-1 Nuke

The new “Non Toxic” high end Ethylene Glycol coolant containing a patented DeTox™

I think I'm just going to pick up EK CryoFuel, or PNH nuke

The Vinyl Decal guy.

As mentioned earlier I can vouch for both EK's Cryofuel and Mayhems X1. I've been using both in my system for a while now (not mixed together of course).

With the Mayhems X1 Clear you would still have the option to use their dyes and give your loop the the color you want. Yes you can safely mix Mayhems Dyes.

Yesterday I flushed my system and renewed the coolant.

It was running EK Cryofuel Acid Green in my system for about 4 months now. No signs of degradation and my nickel blocks are still in top shape. No corrosion and no color staining.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

2 minutes ago, Limecat86 said:

As mentioned earlier I can vouch for both EK's Cryofuel and Mayhems X1. I've been using both in my system for a while now (not mixed together of course).

With the Mayhems X1 Clear you would still have the option to use their dyes and give your loop the the color you want. Yes you can safely mix Mayhems Dyes.

Yesterday I flushed my system and renewed the coolant.

It was running EK Cryofuel Acid Green in my system for about 4 months now. No signs of degradation and the block are still in top shape. Also haven't seen any color staining.

I've bought a cryofuel blood red, and pnh nuke so i'll make the decision on which one i'm gonna run when the time comes, but they should both work

also good to know

The Vinyl Decal guy.