How do I get rid of the tiles in the middle and put in regular windows mode

Tommygun2929

I’m don’t know what the setting is to change this back to normal Windows mode, my grandpa changed some thing on his laptop 

AE689B54-355F-41CB-B5B5-CFBDE6BB0117.jpeg

He turned on tablet mode, the way you can fix this is going to the notification manager and clicking on the tablet mode button at the bottom of that window if it isn't apart of the four options there then click expand and it should be within that menu

As @BrokenProgram said, it's running in tablet mode, which is useful for touch based devices. You can turn it off in the notification center.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Also 

you can also go to-- Setting -- System--Tablet mode--

After you change the setting just reboot ( restart ) 

Thanks guys, I had no clue since I don’t use touchscreen windows stuff that often 

1 minute ago, Tommygun2929 said:

Thanks guys, I had no clue since I don’t use touchscreen windows stuff that often 

I never tried also. New to me, thanks for info guys

If Tablet mode is turned off, and you still have the Start menu taking the whole screen, then you have the option "Use Start full screen" enabled under Settings > Personalization > Start. Turn it off, and your start menu should be normal now. :)