Need new headphones!!

Hey all.

I am currently in the market for a new pair of headphones. I would prefer one that runs off 3.5 mm. I'm not a fan of wireless or the "gaming" headsets. I don't need a microphone as I already have an external one. I am after something that does better on the mid to bass side of things. I listen to a lot of electronic and bass heavy music, but not exclusively. 

My budget is around $300 AUD ($235 USD) ($295 CAD) I don't mind brand new or used.

I am not really sure what headphones I should be looking for as I am not really an expert with audio and such. I am also currently running the on-board audio chip for the Asus Maximus VI Gene.

Thanks guys! :)

Gonna get a lot of hate for this, but I'd suggest the ATH-M50X, it's easy to power, even runs off your phone, comes with 3 cables, one short for iPod/phone in your pocket, one long one and one long coiled one. It has really good bass while not being too much and personally I felt like I could hear a good difference between these and my old cheap headphones. It's closed so it isolates really well which is nice if there are other people in the room or you want to travel with them.

Personally listen to all kinds of music, but the later years has been a lot of electronics and I think these headphones are perfect for that type of music. It is closed, and it has leather imitation ear cushions so you might get a little bit clammy around the ears if it's hot around you although this hasn't been a problem for me.

Sennheiser HD6xx on Massdrop. You're saving ~150 USD by buying these. Excellent headphones, but you may want to invest in an AMP somewhere down the line though it's not absolutely necessary. The bass is still prevalent but not as "boomy" as closed cans.

I also listen to EDM among other genres and they are spectacular through the frequency range.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx

^ This or you can probs find HD 600 or HD 650 for that price, would be the best option.
I personally use HD 598 w/ Bass Boosted EQ and it doesn't have very good Bass ( you can feel speakers vibrate, but there's no that "air" sensation aka sub-bass ).

These also are one of the most comfortable headphoens on the earth.
HD 600 / 500 Series Cons: Open-Back ( not all but most ), means it leaks sound and has poor sound isolation, but thats just for better soundstage/imaging. Personally i have no idea why majority buys Closed Back, especially for gaming LMAO.

Best type of review i've ever seen: