AIO cooler

Go to solution Solved by Damascus,
Just now, Damien19721508 said:

And with your NH-D14 do you use two fans ?

No, I don't really need the extra fan.  I might actually recommend the nh-d15s 

Hi im going to be buying a i7 8700k but my budget for coolers is rather limited at the moment, I was going to get a nice beefy air cooler only to realise my RAM would then not fit so i realised i had to get an AIO so ive got 3 choices 

1. Antec H1200 pro

2. Deepcool 240T (believed to be maelstrom)

3. ID-COOLING FROSTFLOW 240 overseas edition (not sure the difference)

Id like to know if anyone has used these coolers before and whether they are any good and if they could give me some pointers on performance.

To be honest, I wouldn't expect much from any of these. But, I would go with deepcool.

I'd still try to find a Noctua air cooler that fits, it's going to be cheaper and better especially in the long run since 5-8 years is the life expectancy of a standard AiO.

16 hours ago, Sack said:

I'd still try to find a Noctua air cooler that fits, it's going to be cheaper and better especially in the long run since 5-8 years is the life expectancy of a standard AiO.

I did want an air cooler but the distance between my RAM slots and cpu is roughly 4cm and that leaves me with very little space and the RAM is Tridentz RGB so its not low profile either but id probably upgrade the cooler to a corsair H100i in 2-3 months thats why the current cooler isnt really a concern for long term as im aware they arent great coolers 

15 hours ago, Pangea2017 said:

if you still want air cooling latterly most large air cooler have bended heatpipes to make the clearance for any ram (e.g. Thermalright HR-02)

I have seen some posts about air cooler with pipes that are bent like that but im not sure which ones are and theres so many air coolers available id be searching through large lists of coolers with no real knowledge on how they perform, the example you provided, the Thermalright HR-02 would that be a decent cooler ?

NH-D15, my nh-d14 clears trident z rgb and it doesn't even have the increased RAM clearance on the d15.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Thanks guys for the feed back, i got paid extra so i ended getting a Corsair 115i 280mm AIO 

On 08/02/2018 at 1:24 PM, Damascus said:

NH-D15, my nh-d14 clears trident z rgb and it doesn't even have the increased RAM clearance on the d15.

What is the distance between your cpu and RAM as im using a Asrock z370 sli killer and i believe that the board is smaller than most Z370's so i think my RAM is closer to the CPU making it harder to fit a air cooler on as i also have trident Z RGB RAM

11 minutes ago, Damien19721508 said:

What is the distance between your cpu and RAM as im using a Asrock z370 sli killer and i believe that the board is smaller than most Z370's so i think my RAM is closer to the CPU making it harder to fit a air cooler on as i also have trident Z RGB RAM

An nh-d15 should fit just fine, the thing has massive cutouts for that exact reason.  I've used the d14 on an Marx board with the tridentz rgb.

34 minutes ago, Damascus said:

An nh-d15 should fit just fine, the thing has massive cutouts for that exact reason.  I've used the d14 on an Marx board with the tridentz rgb.

I bought a meshify C after seeing hardware canucks say that a 280mm fits in the top and got a corsair h115i and guess what, it doesnt fit so now im trying to figure out what will fit and keep my i7 8700k cool, i would like to try the noctua but i dont feel like having to send back another cooler if it doesnt fit so now im wondering if ill be able to fit a kraken x42 in the top above the cpu im just worried the radiator is too thick 

21 minutes ago, Damien19721508 said:

I bought a meshify C after seeing hardware canucks say that a 280mm fits in the top and got a corsair h115i and guess what, it doesnt fit so now im trying to figure out what will fit and keep my i7 8700k cool, i would like to try the noctua but i dont feel like having to send back another cooler if it doesnt fit so now im wondering if ill be able to fit a kraken x42 in the top above the cpu im just worried the radiator is too thick 

If you have a meshify c get either an nh-d15 or a Celsius s36 and front mount it.  Put the 140mm fans that came with the case up top and you are good to go.

44 minutes ago, Damascus said:

If you have a meshify c get either an nh-d15 or a Celsius s36 and front mount it.  Put the 140mm fans that came with the case up top and you are good to go.

I had hope of getting a 240mm rad like a corsair h100i but my gpu is a 1080ti and its 32cm long or 320mm so no front mount rad would fit unless it took a single fan slot as the gpu basically would make a fan and rad too thick

1 minute ago, Damien19721508 said:

I had hope of getting a 240mm rad like a corsair h100i but my gpu is a 1080ti and its 32cm long or 320mm so no front mount rad would fit unless it took a single fan slot as the gpu basically would make a fan and rad too thick

Here you go, it would perform a tad better than a 240mm rad and fit nicely up front.  Otherwise just get an air cooler.1518533155531628104831.thumb.jpg.41a0d065b2ac85fd621f285c7811b16e.jpg

9 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Here you go, it would perform a tad better than a 240mm rad and fit nicely up front.  Otherwise just get an air cooler.1518533155531628104831.thumb.jpg.41a0d065b2ac85fd621f285c7811b16e.jpg

Haha i like the drawing but i dont think i could put a fan lower on the s36 as my gpu heat sink is 4.5 cm wide its massive so im thinking ill just use a kraken x42 as its my safest bet because i think a s36 would probably be out of my budget but i appreciate the effort but i feel like there wont be enough space still 

1 minute ago, Damien19721508 said:

Haha i like the drawing but i dont think i could put a fan lower on the s36 as my gpu heat sink is 4.5 cm wide its massive so im thinking ill just use a kraken x42 as its my safest bet because i think a s36 would probably be out of my budget but i appreciate the effort but i feel like there wont be enough space still 

Oh remove the middle fan youre a genius but i th8nk budget would be a issue with the s36

20 minutes ago, Damien19721508 said:

Oh remove the middle fan youre a genius but i th8nk budget would be a issue with the s36

Most 360mm aios would work.  I really recommend an nh-d15 though.

54 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Most 360mm aios would work.  I really recommend an nh-d15 though.

I could afford one but im not sure the RAM would clear it dimensions are 9.5 across 9.5/2 = 4.75 and i dont know the RAM clearance but that means i have 4.7 cm im not sure i can make it fit as my board is shorter in width by a few cm and im tryna fit a large air cooler 

Just now, Damien19721508 said:

I could afford one but im not sure the RAM would clear it dimensions are 9.5 across 9.5/2 = 4.75 and i dont know the RAM clearance but that means i have 4.7 cm im not sure i can make it fit as my board is shorter in width by a few cm and im tryna fit a large air cooler 

But maybe theres a 360mm i can buy then just leave a 3rd fan out like you suggested 

11 minutes ago, Damien19721508 said:

But maybe theres a 360mm i can buy then just leave a 3rd fan out like you suggested 

Link me the store you use

26 minutes ago, Damien19721508 said:

I haven;t been reading the thread carefully so this may not be relevant. But here are some pics of the H100i v2 in the Define C, using a Prime Z270-A motherboard. If you use LPX memory it will clear for sure. Other motherboards with too high heatsinks may have issues. Have a look at my original build log for more photos

12.jpg.000b6d5a37cf11fdf4dd3191fcafb96e.jpg

13.jpg.01cd11f0daa0067e15858ed9cf0d5932.jpg

1 hour ago, Damien19721508 said:

This is the RAM clearance on my x99 oc formula.  Because of the amount of slots I have they are closer than yours would be.

20180213_125646.jpg

20180213_125531.jpg

20180213_125639.jpg

9 hours ago, For Science! said:

I haven;t been reading the thread carefully so this may not be relevant. But here are some pics of the H100i v2 in the Define C, using a Prime Z270-A motherboard. If you use LPX memory it will clear for sure. Other motherboards with too high heatsinks may have issues. Have a look at my original build log for more photos

12.jpg.000b6d5a37cf11fdf4dd3191fcafb96e.jpg

13.jpg.01cd11f0daa0067e15858ed9cf0d5932.jpg

I habr trident Z rgb RAM so the fan litteraly just doesnt fit, if the fan was 1mm shorter i could probably fit it as i have the H115i but im returning it now due to size issues

8 hours ago, Damascus said:

This is the RAM clearance on my x99 oc formula.  Because of the amount of slots I have they are closer than yours would be.

20180213_125646.jpg

20180213_125531.jpg

20180213_125639.jpg

Is this the Noctua because this looks like my only solution, thank you for the picture because now i can see the distance and that is deffinitelly closer and you have the same RAM as me so mine should fit under it, yay a solution haha 

39 minutes ago, Damien19721508 said:

Is this the Noctua because this looks like my only solution, thank you for the picture because now i can see the distance and that is deffinitelly closer and you have the same RAM as me so mine should fit under it, yay a solution haha 

Yep, that's an nh-d14.  The nh-d15 actually has better RAM clearance as well.