Looking For A New Game

So I've tried browsing on Steam & I've come to the conclusion I hate the way they sort things. Why can't everyone learn from Newegg & let me check boxes for what I am & aren't searching for to fine tune my search & or browsing results. I'm looking for a free, decently rated, third-person either Shooter, Action or Adventure RPG. I know WarFrame is an obvious first choice on Steam that checks all those boxes, but I want more options because I ain't deciding just yet. As some of you know I play RuneScape mostly, so my standards for graphics aren't too high lol. Although I do value a games U.I a lot & my recent week long Perfect World International experience left me with a massive headache so I'll never do that again. I also play a little Real Racing 3 on my S7 so if decent graphics are possible in whatever you suggest, fire away. What I don't want is something equally long term grindy as what I already do or completely pay to win. I love how you can do whatever you want at any time in R.S by not being restricted to pick a particular race at the beginning like many other games are. I've heard that's pretty rare in the free category though, so I guess you could say I'm looking for a poor-mans GTA. Thanks in advance & for everything else y'all have helped me with in the past.

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

Tried Tera? Its an MMORPG on steam and its free :) Big download but its decent and made on Unreal Engine. yeet.png.c1b959e082b2a4a884a63130b3c7a978.png

1 minute ago, Buraddokun said:

Tried Tera? Its an MMORPG on steam and its free :) Big download but its decent and made on Unreal Engine. yeet.png.c1b959e082b2a4a884a63130b3c7a978.png

Why are all the characters silhouettes?

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

Itch.io has a lot of free games. May be able to find something there. I found an mmo style single player game for free on there once. Can’t recall the name of it for my life though. 

If you're willing to go first, rather than third person shooter, then Planetside 2 may be worth a look. There is very little that's pay to win, the starter weapons are actually good and it's FTP. Just avoid Connery if possible and choose a different server. 

10 minutes ago, johnukguy said:

If you're willing to go first, rather than third person, then Planetside 2 may be worth a look. There is very little that's pay to win, the starter weapons are actually good and it's FTP. Just avoid Connery if possible and choose a different server.

I had heard about that but the beginners guide video gave me the impression that you gotta go hardcore with game settings in order to get any kills. Maybe that just applies to the server you mentioned though.

7 minutes ago, Mike Soda said:

I had heard about that but the beginners guide video gave me the impression that you gotta go hardcore with game settings in order to get any kills. Maybe that just applies to the server you mentioned though.

You're right that the game isn't as well optimized as it should be but it would run well on your system, so long as you turn shadows off for example. I used to run it tolerably on an FX 8350 with an HD 7870. I say to avoid Connery because it's mostly players from Asia and they're really laggy. So, for you in the US, Emerald would be the best server. Team up with an outfit and try running with a squad for the first few days and they'll soon show you the ropes.

13 hours ago, johnukguy said:

You're right that the game isn't as well optimized as it should be but it would run well on your system, so long as you turn shadows off for example. I used to run it tolerably on an FX 8350 with an HD 7870. I say to avoid Connery because it's mostly players from Asia and they're really laggy. So, for you in the US, Emerald would be the best server. Team up with an outfit and try running with a squad for the first few days and they'll soon show you the ropes.

Thanks I'll give that a try soon.

I've played Path of Exile for 6.5 thousand hours, it's pretty cool. It's free as well. The micro transactions are cosmetic, but you can also buy storage space. Don't make the same mistake as me, though. After playing it for years, I've gotten about 60 tabs, and 50 of them go unused. You don't need more than the 4 tabs you get when you start playing, I mostly just bought it to support the devs.

11 hours ago, OlaSarcasm said:

I've played Path of Exile for 6.5 thousand hours, it's pretty cool. It's free as well. The micro transactions are cosmetic, but you can also buy storage space. Don't make the same mistake as me, though. After playing it for years, I've gotten about 60 tabs, and 50 of them go unused. You don't need more than the 4 tabs you get when you start playing, I mostly just bought it to support the devs.

Although Path of Exile doesn't fit your requirements that great I will vouch for it being an amazing game. I've also put thousands of hours into the game and purchased WAY too many stash tabs. 

I have heard of the Path of Exile but I have not played it yet and you said it sounds good to me to try it thx so much

On 2/4/2018 at 9:34 PM, Mike Soda said:

Why are all the characters silhouettes?

cuz not all the characters loaded.  the game does that to reduce lag in largely populated areas like towns and world bosses.

i can vouch for Tera though, its a really decent game.  also Black Desert Online is really good, although a bit grindy

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.