Are miners using 1150 boards?

I need to use a 1150 motherboard because I'm doing a build with a fourth gen i7, and I'm upgrading it's motherboard. All of the atx boards are sold out, aside from some 400 dollar board and another older one. Are miners using them or something?

Atx.JPG

i5-8600k, MSI Z370-A Pro, 2x 8GB DDR4-3k, MSI Gaming X 1060, NZXT S340, 2TB HDD, 750w Corsair PSU, AOC 2775 OC'd to 80Hz and CFG73 at 144hz

Comic sans is the worst font

Check out my monitor overclocking guide

2 minutes ago, lavablade02 said:

I need to use a 1150 motherboard because I'm doing a build with a fourth gen i7, and I'm upgrading it's motherboard. All of the atx boards are sold out, aside from some 400 dollar board and another older one. Are miners using them or something?

Atx.JPG

The socket 1150 is 4 years old. It has been replaced long ago with 1151. I went out of production after 1151 came out

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

its an old mobo, not being made anymore therefore the supply is limited, any 1150 boards made now are the only boards in circulation (for the most part) look for used.

It's just 2 generations old, so nobody makes it anymore.

look used

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Intel's habit of changing sockets very often means production runs of boards are not all that long. If you don't already have the RAM, I'd recommend selling the cpu, and go with a later platform.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

19 minutes ago, ImNotThere said:

its an old mobo, not being made anymore therefore the supply is limited, any 1150 boards made now are the only boards in circulation (for the most part) look for used.

And this is the important part: A motherboard is a common component to fail.  A motherboard isn't so much a single component but many components on a single board and there's a lot on there to have it fail and require replacement.  So the boards die more often than most other parts and that also creates demand for old boards as replacement parts.  In short, a motherboard is the part of a computer that retains it's value the best, especially higher end boards.

I have a four year old X79 board I got for $200 now and it STILL goes for $200 used on eBay.  Not a lot of PC parts can maintain the same value as new over four years.  The demand is higher for the larger 'enthusiast' sockets since there are lots, and lots and LOTS of server CPUs that get sold for cheap by recycles and so people want to find a desktop mobo for the 8 core Xeon they got for $50.

Use what you can. Isn’t based on generation as much as it isn’t options and availability. 

I use my $500 1150 board for mining. No big deal. It was easier for me to convert a useless rig to make my money so it doesn’t matter. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz