Does the reservoir need to be airtight?

Okay, I have a quick albeit weird question.

I am mounting a reservoir and for reasons not important to this topic I need it to have inlets/outlets in specific positions for my hardline build. As it happens, it does not but it might have if I turn the top of the res maybe half a turn from a totally airtight position. It's barely (if at all) noticeable but I don't know much about what the internal pressure in the system - in short, I don't know if I am allowed to do that. There is no risk of any leak if I do it since I have acrylic tube leading from inlet to the inside of res so that much is covered. 

It's a very specific question so I'm hoping somebody here will know the answer to that ;-)

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

If it's airtight, there's less of a risk of bacteria getting in your loop and clogging stuff up.

Also, you never know if your computer might fall over and you definitely don't want your loop to leak out and fry something(assuming it's running).

As a general rule, you want everything in a custom loop to be airtight.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

The system isnt air tight anyway. As long as it isnt gonna leak, its just like any other system.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

always try to keep it as tight as possible to avoid evaporation, but be careful not to crack it...