Yay I broke my PC, help!

Bhav

I was trying to get a ram over clock stable while gradually increasing the voltage. Its was not stable and the PC shut off to never start again.

I get a bad system config info BSOD on boot, and resetting the bios didn't fix it. I tried command prompt stuff from windows repair, but it doesn't detect any valid windows installations to fix. My boot SSD is still detected, but it seems that the boot sector is damaged.

I'm downloading a bootable Windows USB thing on my highly useful backup PC now, I already have one but that won't boot either.

Linus is my fetish.

ram overclocking often breaks windows registry.. nothing special.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-3127605/fix-windows-bad-system-config-info-error.html

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

3 minutes ago, Prqnk3d said:

do you have any other ram you can swap in?

I dont think the ram is broken, Windows broke.It boots up fine but wont load windows.

Also wait a minute, THIS ISNT MY WINDOWS USB CARD:

QGGoGqk.jpg

FUCK I LEFT IT IN THE CASE FOR THIS CARD, AND THAT CASE IS BURIED UNDER ALL MY RUBBLE QQ

Linus is my fetish.

5 minutes ago, DarkSmith2 said:

ram overclocking often breaks windows registry.. nothing special.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-3127605/fix-windows-bad-system-config-info-error.html

Right, so how do I fix it? Oh right nvm, I need to find the darn SD card I have Winblows on.

Found it, I need to remember to find somewhere safer to put this:

sfgXcFG.jpg

Linus is my fetish.

3 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Right, so how do I fix it? Oh right nvm, I need to find the darn SD card I have Winblows on.

Can you get to the safe mode command prompt by pressing F8 on start up?

2 minutes ago, TomW0102 said:

Can you get to the safe mode command prompt by pressing F8 on start up?

I already did that, but none of the bootrepair commands I found worked because it didnt detect any windows installations. I need to repair the current installation with the Windows media.

Linus is my fetish.

Before proceeding I believe I have found a safe place to keep all my boot media:

5y2Oimx.jpg

4 Tb External HDD, USB SD card reader, and 1x4 Gb SD card (which currently has Windows) I got with my Nintendo 3DS which has an 8 Gb card instead, and 2 more 8 Gb Micro SD with SD convertors spare (one was annoyingly already plugged into my reader with a bios update for my old mobo, hence why it wasnt booting durrr).

But wait, what happens if I lose my safe place?

Linus is my fetish.

Fuckit, still not working, the repair options from the boot media can't detect any windows installations either, I think I'm gonna have to fully reinstall it instead.

Linus is my fetish.

25 minutes ago, Bhav said:

Fuckit, still not working, the repair options from the boot media can't detect any windows installations either, I think I'm gonna have to fully reinstall it instead.

Yep. If you don't have any back-ups, boot a linux live cd/usb and copy important files to a USB flash drive, harddisk or NAS and then reformat and reinstall Windows.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

4 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Yep. If you don't have any back-ups, boot a linux live cd/usb and copy important files to a USB flash drive, harddisk or NAS and then reformat and reinstall Windows.

Nothing important on it, was just windows and Sonar Professional and I have all my projects backed up.

Not gonna bother pushing this ram any further now, wouldn't even work at 2800 MHz CL14 with 1.415v, will just leave it at 2700 MHz.

Edited by Bhav

Linus is my fetish.