Dell XPS 630i Case MOD Finally all done

DIY tech

I have never completed a case MOD before for my very own PC. Being a budget gamer whenever i had a lil extra money
i was putting it into performance upgrade. Now m pretty done with gaming so now it’s time to finally mod a case for myself.
M not a professional Modder i mean i have limited experience and tools. But i love the process.
Among all the cases i have ever seen or worked on i found the Dell XPS 710,730, 630 and 630i to be perfect for my taste appearance wise.
These are not that expensive and are very very solid beasts. A lil hard to find and shipping costs a lot due to their weight.
After years and years of searching in my local city i finally got it shipped from a different city.( Money was the main issue here :P)

THE FINAL VIDEO 2 Sep 18

Present 
This video is just an overview of what we are starting with. 

Some minor scratches a few lil broken parts but no dents.

Future
Part 2 The tear down: Everything apart
Part 3 The orientation: Making it right hand drive and non inverted. (I mean corrected the orientation, if i can of motherboard and stuff inside)
Part 4 The electronics: Making the RGB work with my mobo or some other way. Maybe a custom fan controller too
Part 5 The finalizing: Polishing and color theme. 

Now the part 2 is the real deal over here. Can’t move forward without it. The inverted MOBO and window on right side is a no go.

You HELP required.

Any idea how to install Alien FX lite on a non DELL/alien mobo. I have a gigabyte one. Its basically a software to control LEDs on the 630i. That i cant install it gives error that u need a del system :P

Update 2/6/2018

Dell XPS 630i Case MOD P2 : Taking Everything apart

Soooooooo many rivets & soooooooo many zip ties. 
But it was fun.
The video is pretty detailed. So you might find it a bit boring but it will surely help in dismantling if u have one :)
Dont forget to like and share your thoughts.

Update 18 Feb 2018

Dell XPS 630i Case MOD P3-half

Half of the work of part 3 is done. So sharing that on request :)
Part 3 is all about correcting motherboard tray orientation. But its not as simple as it sounds.
The next part of part 3 will be uploaded ASAP

Update 24 JULY 2018

Dell XPS 630i Case MOD P4

well it took me just an eternity 
Still more to go :D

P5 ( Updated 4 August 2018)

I have one of those exact systems I’ll be rebuilding to nearly stock soon. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

3 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

I have one of those exact systems I’ll be rebuilding to nearly stock soon. 

Do share the progress and ideas :) Good luck to u n me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one. << I hope the admins wont mind :$

Updated

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...