No Post Ryzen

samunars

Mobo: MSI b350m gaming pro
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
Memory: 1x16 gb corsair vengeance led (found it oem new on ebay)
GPU: amd HD 5850.
All the fans are spinning but the monitor is receveing no input. I have different results if i plug in one, the other, or both gpu pcie cable (
recorded  everything (sorry for portrait mode))

• if i plug in 1 pcie to the gpu i get the 2 bug lights above (cpu+ram)
  • if i plug in the other i get none, but still no post
  • if i plug in both i get the 2 bug lights and the gpu fan spin slower and quieter.
  • If i take the gpu out and go for vga (though i guess with ryzen this shouldn't work) i get no debug lights, and no post.

Also notice that when i go to short the power off the fan speed changes and the memory bug light turns on and off, though this may happen because I accidentaly touch other pins (it doesn't do it when I plug in the power header to turn it off more easily).

I also tried changing the stick position to the other slot but no difference. I don't have any other stick of ram to try on, and no other computer to test the single parts, i guess i could go to a random electronics shop but i bought the parts on amazon so it's not exactly sure they'll help
It's my first time and it's getting pretty confusing.
thank you in advance for your help

37 minutes ago, samunars said:

Try looking for another stick of DDR4 memory from a friend or go to a shop and ask them if you could test your build with a DDR4 memory they have to see if it posts. I suppose the memory is bad.

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

Looks like either defective or unsupported memory. Verify your memory is on the QVL. Also try a different more modern GPU. That 5850 isn't UEFI compliant which can cause problems.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

The memory might be unsupported, you might wan't to update the bios.

Its a high density memory, not all motherboard support it and may need the latest bios.

Ignore the QVL, its outdated. My memory is not in the QVL still ok.

5850 can run with ryzen system, i have an old 5670 running well.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Hey :)

I'd personally recommend contacting your MB manufacturer to check if the RAM is supported on your motherboard.

It's well known that the Ryzen Ram compatability is... tricky... even after this amount of time.

Especially since you mentioned it's a stick that someone ripped out of a OEM machine. 

sell it or return it and have a normal 2x8gb.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w