x4 750k?

I'm stuck between fx 6300 and Athlon x4 750k.If the Athlon can render and play game without being on a full load and still work smoothly,I may save some money.

personal;y 6300 the way better chip i wasent even aware they still had an athlon line thought it was all apu and fx now?

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

personal;y 6300 the way better chip i wasent even aware they still had an athlon line thought it was all apu and fx now?

the Athlon x4 750k and 760k are simply quad-core APUs without the graphics card and they also overclock like a dream generally.

In terms of upgradeability, if he gets an FM2+ mobo then that will give him more of an upgrade path than the 6300 will in terms of PCIe 3.0 etc. but then there's the 8 core on the 6300 side so it's all down to what he wants.

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

the Athlon x4 750k and 760k are simply quad-core APUs without the graphics card and they also overclock like a dream generally.

In terms of upgradeability, if he gets an FM2+ mobo then that will give him more of an upgrade path than the 6300 will in terms of PCIe 3.0 etc. but then there's the 8 core on the 6300 side so it's all down to what he wants.

will I mostly play games and browse the internet rendering sometimes.I just hope it can play game and render at the same time and still work smoothly.

will I mostly play games and browse the internet rendering sometimes.I just hope it can play game and render at the same time and still work smoothly.

It should be fine in most games besides BF3/4 and Facry 3/  Crysis 3

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

It should be fine in most games besides BF3/4 and Facry 3/ Crysis 3

will it bottleneck with a 7850 card

go am3+ get the fx 4300 atleast. the fx 6300 is simply a better chip.and on fm2 you are stuck with athlons.

will it bottleneck with a 7850 card

No. You can pair something as powerful as a 7950 before you'd get into any bottlenecking. 

In terms of value, the 750K is generally better and you should get it if it allows you to get better other parts or if you need to save money. It does the job quite well and I'd only recommend getting the 6300 if you had more money to spend. For gaming, the 750K/760K is great and you can use the extra money for a better gpu.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

No. You can pair something as powerful as a 7950 before you'd get into any bottlenecking. 

In terms of value, the 750K is generally better and you should get it if it allows you to get better other parts or if you need to save money. It does the job quite well and I'd only recommend getting the 6300 if you had more money to spend. For gaming, the 750K/760K is great and you can use the extra money for a better gpu.

I second this. They are great chips that shouldn't be underestimated just because they have the atholn name. if mantle is as good as they say it will be, they will destroy games that support it as they have AMAZING single core performance.

May i suggest this for you?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2kJwR

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Don't be silly.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Don't be silly.

?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Back your statement?

If a Phenom II at 4.2ghz can hold back a Fermi GTX 480, what do you think a Athlon will do to a 7950?

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

I just came from a 955 @ 3.7 with the same (1) GTX 470. I was being bottlenecked by the CPU 6/10th's or more of the time at 1680x1050. My GPU usage never comes down from 99% with my i5 where-as with the 955 would dip the GPU into 60% at 40ish FPS, and this is with one GPU.

So, yes. The 955 is a bottleneck. I don't think kicking the NB to it's full potential is going to yield spectacular results either. Beta tests showed that an X6 took 60FPS (955) to around 85FPS (1090T) - the i5's and i7's were hitting 130+FPS. Of course we are now on the retail version of the game and 2 patches in, so it's hard to tell how much it still holds true. The FB2 engine does use all the threads you can throw at it so an X6 will show an improvement but a i5 or an i7 will show the best improvement for an SLi/Xfire config.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1185685/bottleneck-amd-phenom-ii-x4-955/20

I had a 480 on my own Phenom II, it performed terrible in some games, but awesome in others, where CPU does not matter, you will be mostly fine.

Be prepared, you might see no difference. People told me to do the same thing before i upgraded and saw no difference same low usage, maybe it was a little worse/better but not noticeable.

When I upgraded my FPS skyrocketed literally %200 fps increase in in minimum fps in Black Ops (from 40fps minimum - 80fps minimum) and roughly the same in BF:BC2.

Now in BF3 I get anywhere from 55-120 average is 60-70 but I run medium settings at 1080. I can't play high or ultra or after 10 minutes my VRAM on my cards maxes out and the game starts getting choppy then eventually crashes.

FYI my 2500k is stock 3.3-3.7 w/turbo boost just to give you an idea of how fast they are

http://www.overclock.net/t/1185685/bottleneck-amd-phenom-ii-x4-955/10

Le Bastardo+ 

Red Alert

go am3+ get the fx 4300 atleast. the fx 6300 is simply a better chip.and on fm2 you are stuck with athlons.

Not quite, FM2+ is backwards compatible, so if he gets an FM2+ motherboard he can save the money and get an Athlon now, and then probably buy a better CPU than the AM3+ FX chips later if he needs to. (And the Athlon will be good enough for a long time, just saying, FM2+ is the only forwards upgradeable socket base)

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.