How to change fan profiles in software - Asus C6H Hero

Hello,

My custom watercooled PC has been running louder than needed for the temperatures it runs at, and the BIOS on my Asus X370 Crosshair 6 Hero doesnt seem capable of allowing me to set the profiles below certain points.

Hardware:

Asus X370 Crosshair 6 Hero

Ryzen 1700X at 3.95Ghz, peaks around 40C when gaming

Asus 1080ti Strix at about 2Ghz, peaks at 43 during gaming

6x Corsair HD120 rgb fans on two fan splitter PCBs, PWM

2x Corsair ML120 attached via a Y adapter, PWM

PrimoChill D5 pump with PWM

Full custom loop with 2x 360mm rads

in/out temp sensors.

So based on the above temps, the fans/pump shouldnt need to be as loud as they currently are. Im also willing to raise temps a bit to reduce the noise. Is there any software that will reliably allow me to set much quieter curves?  As mentioned, the BIOS wont let me set the fans below 40-50% depending on the header, and wont allow them to limit their max speed below 100%.  Would that software allow me to have speeds based on the actual fluid temperature with the probes that I have in the loop, and connected to the mobo?

Thank you!

CPU - 1700X 3.7gHz | CPU Cooler - EK and Singularity Custom Loop | Motherboard -  Asus X370 Crosshair VI w/ EK Monoblock | RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz w/ Silver Paint| Graphics Card - Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC w/ EK Fullcover block with custom vertical mount | Power Supply - Corsair HX750i w/ self made Custom Cables and 3D printed Combs | Storage - 3x 3TB, 2TB HDD | Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME SSD, 500GB OCZ SSD | Case - Lian Li PC-09 Custom paint | Colour Theme - Silver & Black & RGB lights

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Logitech MX Master 2S Mouse/Wacom Intuos Pro5 Med

@Voxels-Box, since you have an ASUS board you can use Fan Xpert in AI SUITE 3, you could also use SpeedFan.. AI SUITE is very straight forward and do the work for you and comes with profiles based on the fan you are trying to control and you can also set your own curves, AI SUITE 3 guide and this is a quick guide on SpeedFan.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

3 hours ago, Leonard said:

-Snip-

Thank you, Ill give those a try. I havent had a positive experience with AI Suite 3, as it caused some strange system instabilities with the different power settings. But it might be worth another shot. Ill also try Speedfan, which looks harder to use, but more powerful.

CPU - 1700X 3.7gHz | CPU Cooler - EK and Singularity Custom Loop | Motherboard -  Asus X370 Crosshair VI w/ EK Monoblock | RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB (4x8GB) 3000Mhz w/ Silver Paint| Graphics Card - Asus GTX 1080ti Strix OC w/ EK Fullcover block with custom vertical mount | Power Supply - Corsair HX750i w/ self made Custom Cables and 3D printed Combs | Storage - 3x 3TB, 2TB HDD | Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME SSD, 500GB OCZ SSD | Case - Lian Li PC-09 Custom paint | Colour Theme - Silver & Black & RGB lights

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Logitech MX Master 2S Mouse/Wacom Intuos Pro5 Med

4 hours ago, Voxels-Box said:

Thank you, Ill give those a try. I havent had a positive experience with AI Suite 3, as it caused some strange system instabilities with the different power settings. But it might be worth another shot. Ill also try Speedfan, which looks harder to use, but more powerful.

AI Suite, both 2 and 3 is really to test the OC quality of your CPU  and then you go into the BIOS and make manual changes to get a stable OC. The Fan Xpert works flawlessly once you know how to set it up for manual curves/profiles, even with the default profiles it works. things that throw off Ai Suite are, certain types of BSOD, really bad failed OCs. I have been using AI Suite2 since i got it 6yrs ago and it works fine but i only use the Network control and Fan Expert, i did a manual OC for my system but i use the AI Suite to test what i can achieve.

Hope you get something suitable.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

15 hours ago, Voxels-Box said:

I don't blame you there. AI suite is terribly buggy right now and who wants to rely on software like that that can fail  to do it's job while you're overclocking?

Anyways, maybe check how you have your fans setup.

Do you have them on a fan hub? If so, make sure the first fan is one that can run at lower RPM's. The bios can only read the RPM off the first fan plugged in in the #1 fan slot so you have to make sure you put a fan on that one that makes sense. Also, don't use any splitters on fan #1. That's screws up what it's reading.

Also if they're PWM fans (4 pins), make sure you have them set to PWM in your bios NOT to DC. 

3 hours ago, stateofpsychosis said:

Do you have them on a fan hub? If so, make sure the first fan is one that can run at lower RPM's. The bios can only read the RPM off the first fan plugged in in the #1 fan slot so you have to make sure you put a fan on that one that makes sense. Also, don't use any splitters on fan #1. That's screws up what it's reading.

Also if they're PWM fans (4 pins), make sure you have them set to PWM in your bios NOT to DC. 

Yes, I have two 4-pin fan hub PCBs (four port) from ModMyMods connected to the mobo via male to male extensions.  All the fans in the system are 4-pin PWM, and I have made sure they are set as such in the BIOS. Each hub seems to control its 3 fans properly. The main issue I have with the bios is that I cant set the speeds below a certain point, or have the curves reference the fluid temps.

24 minutes ago, Voxels-Box said:

Yes, I have two 4-pin fan hub PCBs (four port) from ModMyMods connected to the mobo via male to male extensions.  All the fans in the system are 4-pin PWM, and I have made sure they are set as such in the BIOS. Each hub seems to control its 3 fans properly. The main issue I have with the bios is that I cant set the speeds below a certain point, or have the curves reference the fluid temps.

To best honest, I kind of have the same issue with my asus mobo and my solution was to reset the cmos so and load factory defaults and then  make sure I don't do the automatic fan configuration thing. That for some reason makes my computer think that my fans can't go below 30 percent when they can. If I don't run that, they run perfectly fine at 20 percent.

I doubt that'll help you though, because that's very specific to the problems with my motherboard.

40-50% is way too high to be your minimum fan speed... 

I'd try taking one of those fans off of the hub and put it directly into the mobo header just to see if it does the same thing next.

Oh, and AI suite will let you set it so your fans just turn off when you're under a certain temperature, but like you said it's buggy. I don't trust it either. Not while I have an aggressive overclock on the go anyways.