Displayport output isn't working on 1070

GeordanG

So one day I turn on my PC, as I would any other day and get no signal at all. 

I troubleshot for some time and after fresh installing windows I find the same issue. 

It turns out that both the displayport outputs from my 1070 aren't working once windows loads because if I spam delete during boot i can view the bios perfectly fine, but windows is having none of it. 

I can also load into safe mode and everything works fine, so I figure its some kind of driver issue, but I did a fresh install so I'm not sure. 

HDMI is working fine now but this is an issue I would like to solve. 

Any advice or ideas are welcome.

Thanks,

Geordan

Try another DP cable. I realize you can see the bios. But the higher refresh rate and resolution of windows might be a problem on a faulty cable/connector.

At the very least its a simple thing to test :D 

From what you said, it sounds like you done a reinstall of your GPU Drivers as well?

If not I would suggest that, I had a issue where my GPU Wasn't display, so swapped to my Integrated Graphics and reinstalled the GPU Drivers along with Control panel that comes with them. 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

On 30/01/2018 at 7:01 PM, Dujith said:

Try another DP cable. I realize you can see the bios. But the higher refresh rate and resolution of windows might be a problem on a faulty cable/connector.

At the very least its a simple thing to test :D 

Ill give another cable a shot and see how it goes. 

On 30/01/2018 at 7:55 PM, Alex Colson said:

From what you said, it sounds like you done a reinstall of your GPU Drivers as well?

If not I would suggest that, I had a issue where my GPU Wasn't display, so swapped to my Integrated Graphics and reinstalled the GPU Drivers along with Control panel that comes with them. 

I have already done this and nothing changed for me, guess I need to keep looking for a solution