Need to track my WAN IP address

iMunch

Hi all,

So, i have a few things on my home network that i want to remote access (unraid, router, etc).

The problem is that my ISP gives me a dynamic IP address that changes every day or so making it hard to keep track of it to allow remote access.

i asked them if they could give me a static IP and they said it was an extra $10 a month.

is there any app or web service that i could use on my phone that would tell me the WAN IP of my home network? (while i am not connected to it of course, like at work or something)

I'm currently using the Plex web app, as it shows the ip address of the server in the settings, but this is a bit tedious.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

You can use a free service like no-ip to assign a domain name that redirects to your IP, and they have a DUC program which auto updates the redirect every 5 minutes.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Run a script to output to a txt file in google drive. In command prompt (or powershell), run this command:

nslookup myip.opendns.com resolver1.opendns.com

This will return something like this:

image.png.725e5082f672ee2f899756a38c42465d.png

Your IP will be the second IP listed.

Then go look at that .txt file.

Or you can do what Enderman says. It's probably easier.

57 minutes ago, Enderman said:

You can use a free service like no-ip to assign a domain name that redirects to your IP, and they have a DUC program which auto updates the redirect every 5 minutes.

Gaming Desktop: ASRock Phantom Gaming X, R9-3900x, 64GB RAM, 1.5TB SSD

NAS Box: Gigabyte Z97, i5-4690, 32GB RAM, 22TB, 1TB SSD Cache.

New IP every day doesnt seem right....do you shut your modem off every night or something?

But yeah the comments above are the best way around DHCP.