PC Freeze up need help

Styxes

Need help guys, My PC keep on freezing/hanging up.
I already reformatted my computer but problem still exist.

When I play PUBG, Black desert Online it will freeze randomly.

Not sure about idle without applications opened haven't tried it I think.

Here's my specs.

Mobo: Maximus Hero X
Proc: i7-8700k
GPU: 1070 strix
Ram: Trident z rgb 2x8gb 16gb
PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 650Watts
Cooling: Nzxt krakex x62

I'm really lost on what's happening to my computer, I always force restart my computer when it freezeup or hanged.

Download HWMonitor64, run it, find the temperature section and then run a stress test until it crashes. (AIDA64, OCCT or Prime95 are all good choices)

What temps were you getting?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

It's odd to see a system like that freezing/hanging up on something like PUBG, I know that game is cpu intensive at times but wouldn't think a i7 8th gen would have problems. 

I would advise to follow what @Master Disaster has recommended and depending on results I would recommend re seating your GPU and Ram. Start with the simple trouble shooting then go up to more uncommon responses to the problems really. 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

31 minutes ago, Styxes said:

As far as I know PUBG is a pretty CPU intensive game and also it is very BADLY optimized even though it is played by over 1.000.000 players. Besides this game, have you experienced those freezes in any other games?

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

12 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Download HWMonitor64, run it, find the temperature section and then run a stress test until it crashes. (AIDA64, OCCT or Prime95 are all good choices)

What temps were you getting?

Okay will try it and will give you an update later when I got home from the office. Thanks

usually got 35-40+ on Idle and 50-60+ when playing games.

9 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

It's odd to see a system like that freezing/hanging up on something like PUBG, I know that game is cpu intensive at times but wouldn't think a i7 8th gen would have problems. 

I would advise to follow what @Master Disaster has recommended and depending on results I would recommend re seating your GPU and Ram. Start with the simple trouble shooting then go up to more uncommon responses to the problems really. 

Will try his recommendation hope it works. My parts still new and under warranty but I don't know how/why it freeze when playing games. I will also try reseating theGPU and Ram hope it also fix the issue. Thanks

9 minutes ago, R3ep3r said:

As far as I know PUBG is a pretty CPU intensive game and also it is very BADLY optimized even though it is played by over 1.000.000 players. Besides this game, have you experienced those freezes in any other games?

I usually play Black desert online most of the time, I always encounter the freezing there.

2 hours ago, Styxes said:

Will try his recommendation hope it works. My parts still new and under warranty but I don't know how/why it freeze when playing games. I will also try reseating theGPU and Ram hope it also fix the issue. Thanks

Check what speed your ram is running at and ensure your bios is the latest version.  Try setting your ram to the timings listed on the modules themselves or try an XMP profile.  On top of that ensure all GPU, Chipset, and other hardware drivers are 100% up to date.  Ensure you are running the latest version of windows 10.  Since its a new build its probably some type of compatibility issue which some updates may solve especially your bios..  Hope this helps in some way.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Tz000 said:

Check what speed your ram is running at and ensure your bios is the latest version.  Try setting your ram to the timings listed on the modules themselves or try an XMP profile.  On top of that ensure all GPU, Chipset, and other hardware drivers are 100% up to date.  Ensure you are running the latest version of windows 10.  Since its a new build its probably some type of compatibility issue which some updates may solve especially your bios..  Hope this helps in some way.

Cheers.

How would I know if my RAM speed is good enough? I use the trident z rgb 16gb 2x8 3000mhz. I’m not familiar with the ram timings and xmp sorry I lack knowledge on those stuffs.

3 hours ago, Styxes said:

How would I know if my RAM speed is good enough? I use the trident z rgb 16gb 2x8 3000mhz. I’m not familiar with the ram timings and xmp sorry I lack knowledge on those stuffs.

The timings are written on the backside of the ram stick and are usually showed on the product page where you bought them too. You only have to concern yourself with the first 4 numbers.. Mine are 10, 11, 11, 31 for example. 

You have to enable XMP profile in your bios to run your ram at it's rated speed.

Just look for the option. It should be under the overclocking menu. 

Don't go messing around with anything you don't understand though.

The memory frequency and the memory's voltage will be shown in there too.

Check all of these numbers against the specs on what's on the product page where you bought it to make sure they match up.

Just enabling XMP should automatically put all of the right numbers in.

Oh, and if you're going to follow that other advice about updating your bios, do it on a fresh, new USB 2.0 stick and do it when the weather is good.

If there's a power outage or someone pulls the USB stick while it's updating, your motherboard will be toast. Completely bricked.

Updating the bios is a big scary so do it with caution.

12 hours ago, Styxes said:

Well I can bet you that your RAM is probably not running at 3000mhz its probably defaulted to 2133mhz if you have never looked at it... and your bios is probably out of date. Like stated earlier you CAN ruin your mobo if you do not do a bios update correctly so be careful and refer to your mobo manufactures manual on how to do so.

Did you build the PC yourself or did you have someone put it together for you? 

17 hours ago, stateofpsychosis said:

The timings are written on the backside of the ram stick and are usually showed on the product page where you bought them too. You only have to concern yourself with the first 4 numbers.. Mine are 10, 11, 11, 31 for example. 

You have to enable XMP profile in your bios to run your ram at it's rated speed.

Just look for the option. It should be under the overclocking menu. 

Don't go messing around with anything you don't understand though.

The memory frequency and the memory's voltage will be shown in there too.

Check all of these numbers against the specs on what's on the product page where you bought it to make sure they match up.

Just enabling XMP should automatically put all of the right numbers in.

Oh, and if you're going to follow that other advice about updating your bios, do it on a fresh, new USB 2.0 stick and do it when the weather is good.

If there's a power outage or someone pulls the USB stick while it's updating, your motherboard will be toast. Completely bricked.

Updating the bios is a big scary so do it with caution.

8 hours ago, Tz000 said:

Well I can bet you that your RAM is probably not running at 3000mhz its probably defaulted to 2133mhz if you have never looked at it... and your bios is probably out of date. Like stated earlier you CAN ruin your mobo if you do not do a bios update correctly so be careful and refer to your mobo manufactures manual on how to do so.

Did you build the PC yourself or did you have someone put it together for you? 

Ok will try to update first the bios and check if the problem resolves the issue and if not I'll try the other solution.

I build the PC myself.

Thanks guys for the help and information.

Will update again.

37 minutes ago, Styxes said:

Ok will try to update first the bios and check if the problem resolves the issue and if not I'll try the other solution.

I build the PC myself.

Thanks guys for the help and information.

Will update again.

Yeah just ensure every single driver for each piece of hardware is at its latest versions and check that all windows updates have been done.  After I built my PC it to a bit till everything really started working flawlessly... you just gotta work out the bugs! It doesn't seem like a hardware issue.