Can I use this?

Captinjigglesworth

what are you using that'd require this much GPU compute?

going from your 1050 to a Txp for your games to crash should say something for build issues, maybe?

for 8500, that'd' be a complete build with peripherals with no issues. 

Hmm it seems as if you can buy one new for 8.3k....

Why would you buy this?

It seems to have PCIe so I mean plug it in and see what happens

Also did you persuade a company to sell a 14 year old a eight thousand dollar gpu..

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

Just now, airdeano said:

what are you using that'd require this much GPU compute?

going from your 1050 to a Txp for your games to crash should say something for build issues, maybe?

for 8500, that'd' be a complete build with peripherals with no issues. 

I need it for a very gpu intensive program that im going to use and my titan xp doesnt have enough power

2 minutes ago, airdeano said:

what program is that?

It is for a company that does alot of calculations and programs that keeps the automated machines working 

I would have asked for that card if I could run F@H with it. Still wondering what program you'd need that card for though lol.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

8 minutes ago, Captinjigglesworth said:

It is for a company that does alot of calculations and programs that keeps the automated machines working 

12 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

Hmm it seems as if you can buy one new for 8.3k....

Why would you buy this?

It seems to have PCIe so I mean plug it in and see what happens

Also did you persuade a company to sell a 14 year old a eight thousand dollar gpu..

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

6 minutes ago, Captinjigglesworth said:

Sounds like my Seti@Home.  That program is looking for alien life and since I'm from Roswell, New Mexico it's only natural that I would be running it on my machine.

https://setiathome.berkeley.edu/

29 minutes ago, Captinjigglesworth said:

I need it for a very gpu intensive program that im going to use and my titan xp doesnt have enough power

Your 14.

You don't need a Tesla.

Who is giving you the money for said Tesla?

What program is it?

Also you don't need a Titan Xp (unless you are gaming in 4k or need it for a specialized purpose).

You don't need a Quadro or a Titian V either.

Heck I'm 19 and my 1070 is good enough for me (and I am an IT Student that needs CPU power more than anything and what I have in my PCs is good enough).

Personal Rig:

CPU: i7-11700K  | Mobo: MSI Z490-A PRO | RAM: 2x G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB = 16 GB  | GPU: ASUS GTX 1070 Strix (I know I need to upgrade) | Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250 GB, WD Blue 1 TB, WD Red 2 TB, and WD Red 4 TB | Case: Enermax Ostrog Black and White | PSU: EVGA 750GT 80+G | Cooling: Noctua NH-U12S in Push/Pull with Black Noctua Industrial Fans, 2 120mm Noctua Chromax Fans, and Corsair AF120 on the side panel | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 32" Samsung (of somesorts) 1920 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Mouse: Logitech M705 | Keyboard: Logitech K350 | Random: 90mm of CableMod RGB Magnetic Strips | OS: Win 11 Education x64 

32" Samsung CF397 1920 x 1080

Linux/test Box:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600  | Mobo: ASRock AB350M mATX | RAM: 2x Crucial 8 GB DDR4 = 16 GB | GPU: Asus GT 1030 | Storage: Sandisk SSD Plus 120 GB, Samsung 970 Evo 256GB SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate IronWolf NAS Drives  | Case: Cooler Master N200 mATX | PSU: EVGA 400W | Cooling: Stock Cooler and 3x Cooler Master 120mm Fans | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 34" LG 43WL500-B 2560 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Keyboard: Logitech K270 | Mouse: Logitech M185  | OS: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and Windows 10 Pro x64

13" Macbook Air M1:

CPU: Apple M1 8-Core and 7-Core "GPU"  | RAM: 8 GB DDR4  | Storage: 256 GB | Display: 2560 x1600 Retina Display | Mouse: Built-in trackpad and Logitech M557 | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: MacOS Monterey

Laptop (Acer Pedator Helios 300 2017 edition) (Don't use as much anymore since graduating college and mostly using my Macbook and HP Elitebook for Work):

CPU: i7-7700HQ  | RAM: 16 GB DDR4  | GPU: GTX 1060 6 GB | Storage: Samsung 980 500 GB SSD and Seagate 1 TB Firecuda | Display: Acer IPS 15.6" 1920 x 1080 Display | Mouse: Logitech M557 and built-in trackpad (never use lol) | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: Windows 11 Pro x64

Home Theater Setup

Computer: M1 Mac Mini w/8GB RAM and 256 of Storage (plus a external 500GB Samsung T7 for Plex) | TV:LG 4K - 55" UQ9000 LED | Speakers: Sonos Ray and 2 Sonos One SLs for Rear Surround | Media Box: Apple TV 4K | Consoles: Xbox Series S and Nintendo Switch | Mouse/Keyboard: Logitech K400 | HDHomerun Flex 4K and HDHomerun Flex Duo

Other Devices I use:

Phone: iPhone 13 Mini 128GB  | Tablet: iPad Mini 5 64GB LTE | Earbuds: Airpods 3 | Watch: Apple Watch SE 44mm

1 hour ago, Captinjigglesworth said:

I managed to convince a company to sell me an Tesla v100 for 8.5k, i was wondering if i could just put this into a normal computer? if not what do i need?

Also what do you mean by "I managed to convince a company to sell me an Tesla v100 for 8.5k". This has dodgy written all over it.

1 hour ago, Captinjigglesworth said:

And assuming the others are correct about your age then what company is putting a young lad in charge of the operations of their automated machines?

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

13 minutes ago, keskparane said:

Also what do you mean by "I managed to convince a company to sell me an Tesla v100 for 8.5k". This has dodgy written all over it.

Mate we dont dont small talk 'round here only big talk. BIG TALK BIG NUMBERS AINT NO GAMES AROUND HERE DOGG WE GOT SERIOUS CONFIDENTIAL OPERATIONS GOING ON

8 hours ago, Captinjigglesworth said:

You can build a dual Titan V rig for that price and it would likely outperform a single V100.

Also, don't be vague, what software suite are they running?  What type of automation? How many coins are they mining? How many Minecraft servers do they hope to pay for with those coins?