help with overclocking

so i was playing and pc reboots and after 10 min of playing reboots again and my pc specs are

motherboard:Asus strix z270f

Core:intel i7 7700k OC to 5gh

CpuCooler:aio corsair h100

memory:Corsair vengance ddr4 3000mhz 16gb

GPU:evga 1080ti
storage:1 480gb kingston ssd and 1 of WD1tb

Powersupply:corsair modular 750w

and i downloaded asus realbench  on my xmp and 5g oc and when i put the ram usage at 4gb in stress test its ok but when i make it to 8 luxmark dosent respond and when i put it 16gb just reboots

i tried using defaults it worked and cpu temps are around the 80s so Please help 

Unstable overclock. What is the voltage? Also bad CPU cooling.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

is the cpu cooling bad i used asuses 5ghoc profile that is in the bios

6 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

Unstable overclock. What is the voltage? Also bad CPU cooling.

the cpu core/cache Voltage is 1.136

DRAM Voltage is 0.928

Cpu VCCIO Voltage is 1.080

CPU System Agent Voltage 1.024

Just now, TATY said:

the cpu core/cache Voltage is 1.136

DRAM Voltage is 0.928

Cpu VCCIO Voltage is 1.080

CPU System Agent Voltage 1.024

Voltage seems allright to me.

Did you enable XPM in your bios ? if the ram works at its stock setting (2400Mhz) you won't get a stable overclock. XMP overclocks your ram to the advertised frequency (3000Mhz in your case)

1 minute ago, gawax said:

Did you enable XPM in your bios ? if the ram works at its stock setting (2400Mhz) you won't get a stable overclock. XMP overclocks your ram to the advertised frequency (3000Mhz in your case)

xmp is enabled and when i put everything at stock 4gb and 8gb are good but 16gb reboot

6 minutes ago, gawax said:

so i should put my ram to default or put it at 2400mhz my last reply i said, 4gb and 8gb at stock is good but 8gb makes luxmaker not working

8 minutes ago, TATY said:

so i should put my ram to default or put it at 2400mhz my last reply i said, 4gb and 8gb at stock is good but 8gb makes luxmaker not working

Maybe it's a problem with your ram sticks, try with each stick by putting 1 in slot 1A then 1B then 2A then 2B and start again with the second stick etc... Leave your bios for now with XMP enabled.

9 minutes ago, TATY said:

Maybe it's a problem with your ram sticks, try with each stick by putting 1 in slot 1A then 1B then 2A then 2B and start again with the second stick etc... Leave your bios for now with XMP enabled.

24 minutes ago, gawax said:

Wait should I do it separately or with both in

6 minutes ago, TATY said:

Wait should I do it separately or with both in

Seperately

15 minutes ago, gawax said:

Seperately

Sry should I put one only and give the real bench stress a try or switch them both??

1 hour ago, gawax said:

Seperately

Should I do one by one or switchem up

4 hours ago, gawax said:

so i realised that the last slot in my motherboard isnt working can u help me with that or is it done

On 1/29/2018 at 1:51 AM, TATY said:

so i realised that the last slot in my motherboard isnt working can u help me with that or is it done

Send the motherboard back to your manufacturer if it is still under waranty. Otherwise leave the slot alone.

Those voltages are not correct at all.  I have a 7600k @ 5.1ghz on a z270 maximus IX

Don't use the preset overclock profiles.

Set xmp profile, cpu core to 1.35, cpu ratio to 48, avx offset to 3, cpu cache ratio to 39 and check temps (make sure you understand core temp vs package temp).  Do more research before pushing for something like 5ghz, that's about where these chips top out and you need to know what your doing to hit those speeds.  Hyperthreading produces a ton of heat in test's as well.  When I had a 7700k in this system I had to turn off HT to go over 5ghz.

When at 4.8ghz run stability test and cut back the voltage until unstable then bump back up.  Now you know what voltage your cpu needs at 4.8ghz  If your temps are ok then you can shoot for 4.9 with a bump in voltage.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

14 minutes ago, Psittac said:

Those voltages are not correct at all.  I have a 7600k @ 5.1ghz on a z270 maximus IX

Don't use the preset overclock profiles.

Set xmp profile, cpu core to 1.35, cpu ratio to 48, avx offset to 3, cpu cache ratio to 39 and check temps (make sure you understand core temp vs package temp).  Do more research before pushing for something like 5ghz, that's about where these chips top out and you need to know what your doing to hit those speeds.  Hyperthreading produces a ton of heat in test's as well.  When I had a 7700k in this system I had to turn off HT to go over 5ghz.

When at 4.8ghz run stability test and cut back the voltage until unstable then bump back up.  Now you know what voltage your cpu needs at 4.8ghz  If your temps are ok then you can shoot for 4.9 with a bump in voltage.

i did a 2 hour stress test and it passed so am i good

the thing thats happening now any game i turn on pc reboots

4 minutes ago, TATY said:

i did a 2 hour stress test and it passed so am i good

the thing thats happening now any game i turn on pc reboots

then no it is not good.

I suggest finding a speed much lower than 5ghz to get the hang of overclocking before pushing that high. try 4.5ghz first

edit: use hwinfo64 and understand what it means

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

3 minutes ago, Psittac said:

then no it is not good.

I suggest finding a speed much lower than 5ghz to get the hang of overclocking before pushing that high. try 4.5ghz first

edit: use hwinfo64 and understand what it means

can i like watch a vid or somthing

2 hours ago, gawax said:

Send the motherboard back to your manufacturer if it is still under waranty. Otherwise leave the slot alone.

there is nothing wrong with your motherboard or your ram, only the setting's. under 1v dram at 3000mhz is not going to work

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

13 minutes ago, TATY said:

can i like watch a vid or somthing

stress test software: AIDA64 (look at per core temps)

BIOS setting's:

manual overclock

manual vcore 1.3v

core multiplier: 45

avx offset: 3

cache multiplier: 39

dram to fsb 100:100

dram speed 2400

dram voltage auto

hyperthreading: off

set to this then run aida64 stress test, stress cpu and fpu watch temps and see if it passes.  If it passes then lower the vcore to 1.25 and test again.  Once unstable bump vcore by .01 until stable again.  Then get a feel for how much vcore you need to go up one multiplier and start pushing for 5ghz while adding voltage and watching temps.

It's all about getting a feel for low then pushing higher, get a good baseline..... tweak..... test.... tweak..... test all while watching temps.  You can turn HT on and off and watch what that does to temp and stability and see how much extra voltage your vcore needs to enable it. a 7700k will push higher with HT off due to the demands it put's on cooling and vcore.  But a lower overall speed with HT on is a faster system.

edit: I would go for a ghz push with 2400 memory, then start over with xmp memory (that dram voltage was not correct, maybe update your bios). Push the memory at a low ghz and once memory is stable then push ghz.

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

38 minutes ago, Psittac said:

BIOS setting's:

manual overclock

manual vcore 1.3v

dram speed 2400

dram voltage auto

set to this then run aida64 stress test, stress cpu and fpu watch temps and see if it passes.  If it passes then lower the vcore to 1.25 and test again.  Once unstable bump vcore by .01 until stable again.  Then get a feel for how much vcore you need to go up one multiplier and start pushing for 5ghz while adding voltage and watching temps.

It's all about getting a feel for low then pushing higher, get a good baseline..... tweak..... test.... tweak..... test all while watching temps.  You can turn HT on and off and watch what that does to temp and stability and see how much extra voltage your vcore needs to enable it. a 7700k will push higher with HT off due to the demands it put's on cooling and vcore.  But a lower overall speed with HT on is a faster system.

edit: I would go for a ghz push with 2400 memory, then start over with xmp memory (that dram voltage was not correct, maybe update your bios). Push the memory at a low ghz and once memory is stable then push ghz.

I’m sry what is core multiplier

41 minutes ago, Psittac said:

BIOS setting's:

manual overclock

manual vcore 1.3v

dram speed 2400

dram voltage auto

And what’s dram to fsb 

42 minutes ago, Psittac said:

BIOS setting's:

manual overclock

manual vcore 1.3v

dram speed 2400

dram voltage auto

And what’s cache multiplier

44 minutes ago, Psittac said:

BIOS setting's:

manual overclock

manual vcore 1.3v

dram speed 2400

dram voltage auto

And where can I find hyperthreading