EVGA Nvidia GTX-770 SC 4GB - Refresh Rate Confusion

jab8283

Ran into an issue I haven't yet figured out how to fix. I've got a single GTX 770 Superclocked 4GB dual bios video card running three Asus VG248QE 144Hz monitors. Obviously there are only two physical DVI ports on the video card, then one Display Port (which I thought was another DVI port using this DP2 to DVI adapter), then the HDMI port which I'm not using. I've got three identical 10' DVI cables to all three monitors but out of three idential monitors, only two reflect 144Hz refresh and the third only has a single option of 60Hz (monitor using Display Port). It was my understanding that using all the ports with exception to the HDMI port should yield 144Hz rates to all three monitors but this is not happening and therefore when I go into Nvidia Surround View, only two of the monitors can be used, or all three if I switch all three to 60Hz refresh rates which defeats the purpose. What the hell is going on? Do I have to purchase yet another expensive and matching GTX-770 and run in SLI to get all three monitors to operate at 144Hz refresh rates?

Either someone has lied to me about this single video card being able to run 3 Asus monitors at full 144Hz refresh rates, or maybe there is a setting I need to change in the video card to make the display port work like the DVI ports, or I need to have two identical Nvidia video cards with two monitors on the first card and the third monitor on the second card. Why in the hell can't Nvidia make a video card that has three matching DVI ports and one display port? Most people I've seen only use either 3 or 6 matching display monitors. The Nvidia video card I bought clearly states it can handle four monitors simultaniously but apparently not at gaming refresh rates of 120Hz or higher. This will become even more a bummer once I install the Nvidia G-Sync modules.

I doubt a GTX770 can hit 144FPS on 3 monitors anyway.  

You don't need to buy a second card. I'm not sure what the problem is.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

I'm using display port on my right-side monitor and it works at 144hz just fine, I suggest using that + 2 dvi's

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

your dvi cable might be single link which only displays 60fps, i think

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount

Check the DVI cables that you actually have Dual Link DVI cables with the full pin count.

Also I would suggest embracing the DisplayPort and just connecting with that instead of using an adaptor.

i would use display port to daisy chain the displays. with that said, don't be expecting to run games at 144hz on a single 770

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz