Server UPS Recommendations

XeanWolf20

So I recently bought a server, I want a UPS for some more safety for it. I’m not sure where to start and what I need or don’t, the server has 2 redundant power supplies. And it’s a 4 core Xeon. Any help greatly appreciated if you need to know anything else to give a better recommendation please ask.

Spoiler

Main Rig | I9-9900K @ All Core 5.3 1.37V | Asus 2080TI | NZXT X72 | SM951 256GB | Samsung 850 Pro 500GB | Seagate 2TB | Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 3200MHz | RM850I | Corsair 570X

Spoiler

Ether Server | 2x Xeon E5-2660 | Supermicro X9DR3-F | Deepcool MATREXX 55 | 128GB Toshiba THNSNJ128GCS | 2x WD 4TB Red | ECC 64GB Samsung 1RX4 PC3L-12800R

Eaton is the brand of choice for me. APC have good options too but they also have lots of bad ones too. How much are you expecting to spend on one?

Look for Cyberpower Pure sinewave UPS in the $250-$350 range, not the simulated sinewave ones and you should be fine.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

There's a few parts you need to consider.

Connectivity - in form of communication between the UPS and the server - will it be sufficient that battery time is low - but that it can shut down the server when there is a power failure?

Will you opt for longer time on battery?

In short - most manufacturers (that I can get ahold of in Sweden) does the job sufficient. Go for something that you can communicate with over USB or such, and you'll be good as long as there's enough umpf in the battery to hold on a while.

I recently bought a CyberPower VA1500 UPS for a server that I'm building. It has a rating of 900W and would get me around 120 minutes at 50% load capacity.

Whatever UPS you get, make sure you only keep it max 50-60% load capacity so that you will not stess the UPS when it actually goes into battery mode. Also time the devices stay on will be much longer. 

Rohan

SDRAJ Studio

Love Your Life!

Really most by APC and Cyber power will be fine. I know for my servers I have multiple options going right now. I have a Cyber Power rack mount one and a full height APC ones with hot swap batteries and such. That one powers my servers and networking gear with the Cyber Power one is for my Monitor(s) and the one server that I just haven't bothered to move over yet because of wiring issues..

What is your budget for a UPS and what is the server used for? Is this for a business or personal use?