PC build for children

So I want to build a PC for my niece and nephew, they are aged 12 and 8 respectively. 

I figured out what sorta hardware to use given my budget and I thing I nailed this part down to the sweet spot :P

My problem is that I do not want just to give them a blank box capable of gaming and browsing etc. 

This is going to be their first computer (they used computers but for example their fathers etc) I can not make one for each because I am budget limited but I would like at least to make this one as fun exciting and educational as possible. 

But I dont have the slightest idea on how to start.... I mean is the best one can do to add a bunch of educational software (in that case which do you consider as the "best" from you experience) 

Or are there any desktop mods or scripts that can transform their experience and show them the ropes on computing (like for example the kano kit )

Generally advice me with whatever you think will be useful to make this first computer a memorable experience for the children both in terms of fun but also in educational value.  

And if you dont have time to explain how you would set up such a thing at least copy paste some links with useful material anything is welcomed! 

I thank you all in advance. 

7 minutes ago, papajo said:

to make this first computer a memorable experience for the children both in terms of fun but also in educational value.  

Get the parents to spend time assisting the kids in their exploration of computers and the internet.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

Block "unuseful" sites and let them use youtube etc. They will learn themselves.

Main system (Mini itx 80mm)

i5-7500 | Asrock h110m | Noctua L9i | Realan H80 Case | 8GB 2400 Ram ADATA | M600 SSD | 500 GB Seagate

Other System (Laptop)

i7 3632QM | Toshiba | 8GB Corsair VS RAM | Sandisk SSD PLUS | 500GB Toshiba HDD

My dad made me do this “professor teaches” thing to learn windows. Maybe get an age appropriate game and give that to the dad to say “if you complete the learning program, you’ll get to play this game on the computer!” 

Another good program is mavis beacon (not bacon) to teach them to type properly. 

Com one guys, dont tell me that the thousands of people here in this forum dont know about a single one good piece of software or website related to my topic except FPO....  Its for a good cause give me a helping hand will ya? :P

16 hours ago, papajo said:

Com one guys, dont tell me that the thousands of people here in this forum dont know about a single one good piece of software or website related to my topic except FPO....  Its for a good cause give me a helping hand will ya? :P

Most people just use their computer for work or games. 
It's a loose string of events that I even know of this software. 

If you want to see some other software that's free you can take a look at the thread here in the section this thread is listed. 

PS:
I don't mean to sound rude, however the seemingly mocking tone & similar toned comments like this can sound harsh. People will usually not respond to comments like this, or refuse to comment in the thread at all. Good luck with your computer.