Fan goes 90 and Does not post.

Xander Cousins

Simply put it the computer will not post a splash screen of Windows or display anything on the monitor (Can't find source) after like 20 seconds the CPU fan starts to spin up trying to reach its max RPM without reason.

I assume that somethings short circuited? Just wanna know what people think of it.

P.S: This is a School computer not my own. Thank god 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

My PC CPU fan does the same for a fraction of a second before display the Windows login screen, but only when the PC is in the UK, not Italy. Which is weird. 

Does it display anything after that happens?

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

4 minutes ago, Eibe said:

My PC CPU fan does the same for a fraction of a second before display the Windows login screen, but only when the PC is in the UK, not Italy. Which is weird. 

Does it display anything after that happens?

Never left it on long enough to find out if it does. 

The fan would just continue to pick up rpms I would assume because left it for a minute and it was still increasing the rpms so powered it down. 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

10 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

Never left it on long enough to find out if it does. 

The fan would just continue to pick up rpms I would assume because left it for a minute and it was still increasing the rpms so powered it down. 

Okay 1 minute is not normal haha. 

My PC does that for less than a second. 

You could try to reset CMOS if they allow you to do that...

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

I think it's schools computer and it's schools issue. Let them sort it out rather than mess with their hardware.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

Oh I ain't gonna fix their hardware I was more curious on what people think of it. Like is that Workstation completely fubar or if it can be easily fixed. 

Bear in mind this is school computers so most inside it is a motherboard, cpu, wifi card and psu along with the stock cooler.

@keskparane, @Eibe 

1 minute ago, Alex Colson said:

Oh I ain't gonna fix their hardware I was more curious on what people think of it. Like is that Workstation completely fubar or if it can be easily fixed. 

Bear in mind this is school computers so most inside it is a motherboard, cpu, wifi card and psu along with the stock cooler.

@keskparane, @Eibe 

Fair enough. My comment was mostly made with the thinking that even if it is a really simply problem if you were to open the computer up you would essentially be taking responsibility. If you are not prepared to accept that responsibility then don't do it. 

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

BTW it doesn't post what so ever, So if I wanted to fix it I couldn't as it wont display or recognise the monitor 

probably something power or mobo related, time to call the IT squad to come and replace it :P

@manikyath I'll inform the teacher after class, but it is humourous to hear. just starts spinning up as if it is about to take off.

Soooooo, Removed it from the mains Tried powering it to drain what charge it had left. plugged it back in and its working as if nothing happened.

Computers are weird

@Eibe @keskparane @manikyath

3 hours ago, Alex Colson said:

Soooooo, Removed it from the mains Tried powering it to drain what charge it had left. plugged it back in and its working as if nothing happened.

Computers are weird

That's a troubleshooting step called power cycling and I'm honestly surprised that it fixed this.

I'd check temps on that machine while you're at it with something like hwinfo32 or hwmonitor.

I bet the thermal paste on that CPU is all dried up under that stock intel cooler. 

4 minutes ago, stateofpsychosis said:

That's a troubleshooting step called power cycling and I'm honestly surprised that it fixed this.

I'd check temps on that machine while you're at it with something like hwinfo32 or hwmonitor.

I bet the thermal paste on that CPU is all dried up under that stock intel cooler. 

Ahhh now i know the term for draining the pc dry then giving it life again. 

Eh what ever is wrong with the machine is the schools problem, i just tried stuff that prevented me from having to open it up. 

And ya you and me both, I didnt think that would have worked.

13 hours ago, Alex Colson said:

Computers are weird

corrupted bios would be my guess.