CSGO fps kinda low compared to others HELP!

Go to solution Solved by asdfety04,

the case is closed turns out the fps tool I'm using "CAM" is not that accurate compared to fraps. My fps in fraps got better because it finally reached 200+fps lol

So my specs are

CPU: i5-8600k

GPU: GTX1050Ti

RAM:16gb ddr4

Benchmarks on youtube have over 200+fps in their csgo and we have the same specs but I only get an average of 130+fps even though I already typed "fps_max 0" on console and also the weird thing is my gpu and cpu never really goes above 60% usage :/ 

Here I have uploaded some pics 

csgo1.png

csgo2.png

csgo3.png

That's normal for a 1050ti.

Source: Have 1050ti

You should've spent more on GPU than CPU.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

22 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

Agree, i5 8400+1060 3GB would be a better choice IMO even though Source engine is CPU bounded (favours higher clock speed but the engine itself isn't optimised)

OP, set lower settings or lower resolution (esport titles prefers high FPS not high quality)

Edited by ZM Fong

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

but why does my gpu and cpu doesnt go beyond 60% usage 

and weird tho
I mean take a look at this : 

my cpu is superior than his but he gets better fps?

I also do heavy rendering in LR that's why I chose to prioritize CPU than GPU

Check power management settings + could you link the "Benchmarks on youtube" that show this GPU getting around 200fps in cs:go ? Because fps on cs:go varies quite a bit from map to map + you're playin on a community server it has more players on it thus you could get lower fps.

3 minutes ago, dannolt said:

Check power management settings + could you link the "Benchmarks on youtube" that show this GPU getting around 200fps in cs:go ? Because fps on cs:go varies quite a bit from map to map + you're playin on a community server it has more players on it thus you could get lower fps.

I already posted a link above this. I already set the power management settings in high performance. Is my cpu and gpu usage normal tho? it doesnt go above 60% :/ 

1 minute ago, asdfety04 said:

I already posted a link above this. I already set the power management settings in high performance. Is my cpu and gpu usage normal tho? it doesnt go above 60% :/ 

Yeah I just saw it, are you setting exact same as his + the cpu usage is pretty normal because it should be a gpu bottleneck if we're talking about max settings, but the gpu usage seems strange to me...

1 minute ago, dannolt said:

Yeah I just saw it, are you setting exact same as his + the cpu usage is pretty normal because it should be a gpu bottleneck if we're talking about max settings, but the gpu usage seems strange to me...

my gpu usage? yeaaah :( I've been searching a lot of solutions for my gpu usage but I cant find one 

36 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

That's normal for a 1050ti.

Source: Have 1050ti

I dont think it's normal for me tho :( look at the youtube link I've posted above

17 minutes ago, asdfety04 said:

I also do heavy rendering in LR that's why I chose to prioritize CPU than GPU

A lot of rendering benefits from GPU

7 minutes ago, asdfety04 said:

my gpu usage? yeaaah :( I've been searching a lot of solutions for my gpu usage but I cant find one 

Yeah I just tried running cs:go on max settings 1080p with my 8600k and gtx 1060 6gb this is what my usage looks like.PD7gYu1.png

2 minutes ago, dannolt said:

Yeah I just tried running cs:go on max settings 1080p with my 8600k and gtx 1060 6gb this is what my usage looks like.PD7gYu1.png

what's your fps?

well sad me then hahaha I just wanted to get the best performance out of my brand new desktop 

1 minute ago, asdfety04 said:

what's your fps?

well sad me then hahaha I just wanted to get the best performance out of my brand new desktop 

It stays above 200 around 230 250, but I'm running a gtx 1060 6gb

2 minutes ago, dannolt said:

It stays above 200 around 230 250, but I'm running a gtx 1060 6gb

have you turned off the frame limiter?

4 minutes ago, asdfety04 said:

have you turned off the frame limiter?

Yes, is 250fps too low for you :D ?

4 minutes ago, dannolt said:

Yes, is 250fps too low for you :D ?

Nvm it was off forgot that I had cs:go uninstalled and my cfg was not in even tho is still fluctuates a lot xD from 200 to 400 my bad I guess.

1 hour ago, dannolt said:

Nvm it was off forgot that I had cs:go uninstalled and my cfg was not in even tho is still fluctuates a lot xD from 200 to 400 my bad I guess.

told ya hahaha yeah it was too low considering it's a gtx 1060

I should be getting 200+ fps tho :( 

Question...

Do you have a 200hz monitor or a monitor which has a higher refresh rate than the your max FPS?

If not, why the hell does it matter?

2 minutes ago, Farden said:

Question...

Do you have a 200hz monitor or a monitor which has a higher refresh rate than the your max FPS?

Nope, well it matters cos I'm not getting the best performance out of my computer, I guess?

Well that's fairly subjective. You could argue that; as your monitor is unable to display frames as fast as your GPU can render them - you're already not getting the best performance from your PC regardless of an extra (and arbitrary) 50 odd FPS.

However as for your original question - There could be a whole collection of reasons why your FPS is a bit lower. Could be graphics settings being used, you might have something running in the background which is consuming some GPU time or CPU cycles, could be you lost the silicone lottery. Could be a whole host of things however, i'd say the FPS you're getting is about right for the hardware, I wouldn't worry about it too much. bear in mind also that the people you're comparing your computer against could be running a better overclock or using lower settings than you (or they could have got better silicone)

38 minutes ago, Farden said:

Question...

Ohh yeah btw, in cs:go higher frame rate does matter even if you don't have a monitor with high refresh rate. The game itself feels way more responsive that's why pro players play at ~720p stretched and uncapped fps.

43 minutes ago, Farden said:

Well that's fairly subjective. You could argue that; as your monitor is unable to display frames as fast as your GPU can render them - you're already not getting the best performance from your PC regardless of an extra (and arbitrary) 50 odd FPS.

However as for your original question - There could be a whole collection of reasons why your FPS is a bit lower. Could be graphics settings being used, you might have something running in the background which is consuming some GPU time or CPU cycles, could be you lost the silicone lottery. Could be a whole host of things however, i'd say the FPS you're getting is about right for the hardware, I wouldn't worry about it too much. bear in mind also that the people you're comparing your computer against could be running a better overclock or using lower settings than you (or they could have got better silicone)

I see thanks for your answer

Last question,

Is my gpu usage good tho? I mean it's kind of low. I haven't tested other games tho just CSGO