Imput Lag when playing 4k

TheSaltyGaming

So basically when i play overwatch and warframe in 4k i get this annoying imput lag that makes it impossible to play, so i have to turn down the resolution to 1920x1080 to be able to play.

I do get constant 60fps in 4k and vsync is off

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

So I'm not sure why there's increased or decreased input lag, but the reviews of the monitor are giving me about ~30ms of input lag which is potentially noticeable.

I'm not sure either, but it feels so bad playing in 4k. I had the same problem in black ops 3 but that fixed when i turned off vsync, but in OW and Warframe it didnt fix when i turned vsync off

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I'd ask if you can find a way to measure input lag, but I can't come up with anything relatively cheap other than having a phone that can record in 240 FPS and a very obvious cue.

I do have a gopro that can do 240fps

That'll work, just as long as you have an obvious cue of when the trigger happens. As an example, Linus does this:

So what am i going to do with the video i get?

Just now, TheSaltyGaming said:

So what am i going to do with the video i get?

Get a video player that'll let you advance frame by frame (VLC or MPC) and count how many frames it takes from when the trigger happens to when the event happens on screen. Number of frames divided by 240 will get you the input lag.

Get a video player that'll let you advance frame by frame (VLC or MPC) and count how many frames it takes from when the trigger happens to when the event happens on screen. Number of frames divided by 240 will get you the input lag.

I will try that tomorrow because it is kinda late here in norway. By the way, will premiere pro work as video player?

As long as you can examine it frame by frame :)

Ok thank you so much :)

Ok so i ended up with 0.125 (30 frames devided by 240) when i did a keyboard press, but i only feel the problem when i move my mouse so i might try the same thing with the mouse