How to fix a VERY sensitive key (laptop)

limegorilla
Go to solution Solved by TheKalmTraveler,

Open the Laptop and search if something got stuck in the key.
You could also use an Air Spray to Blow the Key free but if one key got stuck I would rather make a full clean up and reassemble.

So my chromebook has a very, very sensitive 3 key - so much that I only need to ghost my finger over it or move my laptop suddenly for it to activate - I don't even need to touch it! I can't send it in for repair, so does any one know of a way to fix this? I am happy opening up the laptop, but would rather not.

Acer ChromeBook R11 (Cyan) - CB5-132T Series (White)

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

Open the Laptop and search if something got stuck in the key.
You could also use an Air Spray to Blow the Key free but if one key got stuck I would rather make a full clean up and reassemble.

Like @TheKalmTraveler said, something is stuck under the key.  This is typical if you eat food at the computer.

As a technician, I would pop off the key in question and inspect the rubber dimple and see if there is anything under the membrane like food or liquid.

Popping off keyboard keys and re-installing on a notebook computer is extremely frustrating if you have never done it.  It will take you more time than you think.  It helps to look up the technique because it is easy to break the clips and then have a missing key.