CPU to hot?

Hi, I've a computer with a i7 7700k processor with a kraken x52 liquid aio cooler. I have getting temps around 30 degrees Celsius idle and 80-90 Celsius under load.. Is this to hot? Here's some more information that may help: I thought the temps were to hot... so i looked at my CPU I am getting 4.79 ghz and haven't overclocked could this be a factor? Also my aio liquid temperature is low but the cpu is hot... Lastly when i first boot up the cpu is at like no use but when i open an application (like steam) it shoots up to 4.79ghz..

All answers/ discussion would be appreciated... 

Thanks-Beefy

80C is very hot. You should try remounting your cooler, and make sure you removed the sticker on the bottom of the block (if there was one).

Either your frequency is being read wrong, or you have your CPU overclocked.  It shouldn't go above 4.5GHz at stock speed. See if your motherboard has an auto-overclock feature. If it's enabled, disable it.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Also check the voltage, i.e. vcore.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Also depending on his room temperature. That normal temperature for computer in Australia ... I mean you should try to keep below 80 degrees but 90 degrees is quite high. 

It normal for your cpu to boost cpu frequency when you start application. Also what software are you using to monitor the temps and frequency? Windows task manger is good program to monitor cpu frequency.

Magical Pineapples

37 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

Also depending on his room temperature. That normal temperature for computer in Australia ... I mean you should try to keep below 80 degrees but 90 degrees is quite high. 

It normal for your cpu to boost cpu frequency when you start application. Also what software are you using to monitor the temps and frequency? Windows task manger is good program to monitor cpu frequency.

temp cam... frecuncy task manager

I have Reinstalled the cooler and it's the same... must be an overclock problem.. where can i find and turn off and overclock?

I have an Asus z270 prime ar motherboard and an i7 7700k processor 

Just now, Beefyhippo said:

I have Reinstalled the cooler and it's the same... must be an overclock problem.. where can i find and turn off and overclock?

@JoostinOnline)

14 minutes ago, Beefyhippo said:

14 minutes ago, Beefyhippo said:

turn of *THE

11 hours ago, Beefyhippo said:

10 hours ago, Beefyhippo said:

turn of *THE

10 hours ago, Beefyhippo said:

turn of *THE

First thing, there's an edit button. It looks like a pencil. It's best to fix your original post instead of making several new ones. :)

Second, the easiest way to reset an overclock is to just reset the CMOS. Go into your BIOS and reset all your settings. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440