2.1 Speaker setup

I don't want to argue, in fact no one here takes any pleasure in constantly being told we are wrong. But that basic fact of the matter is that audio is a very complicated science that is even more complicated by human auditory perception and psychology. This is a fact that companies like Asus capitalise on to sell what is essentially snake oil. The human brain is wonderful at tricking itself into perceiving many things that aren't actually there. The only way to avoid this perception issue is to take a blind test, If you decide after a blind test that the soundcard is better, then we will all agree that for your ears, system, room and or gear the sound card works better. But history tells me (along with many others) that in a blind test a lot of what the audiophile world would have you believe is better is little more than a placebo.

Asus, schitt and many others really leverage the audiophile terms and misconceptions to sell their products, Products that are essentially irrelevant with today's technology. Why pay $200 for a soundcard that has a 120dB SNR when the audio chip they are using to drive the headphones has a noise floor equivalent to a cmoy amp? There is no point.

Here are some videos that really help to explain the problems faced in the audio world and why everything is not as it seems:

And this article will really mess with your head, how having a visual stimulus that opposes the auditory perception tricks our mind into hearing where a sound is not coming from:

http://link.springer.com/article/10.3758%2FBF03208826#page-1

EDIT: the whole point to this is not to say anyone is wrong, but to point out how easy it is fur us to be misled by the marketing hype, this is why I have a drawer full of soundcards and not a pc full of audio gear.

We started busting some myths while I was at Logan's. Specifically the mp3 vs lossless performance. We ruled it out as a placebo, and has no quality difference.

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll get the Trust Tytans merely because of the the volume dial makes it easily to set up compared to the Edifiers. I'm gonna wait until Christmas tho, see if any crazy deals turn up. Thanks to all you guys as well for helping me. 

skeptical.jpg

edifier_r1600t_plus_image_2.jpg

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll get the Trust Tytans merely because of the the volume dial makes it easily to set up compared to the Edifiers. I'm gonna wait until Christmas tho, see if any crazy deals turn up. Thanks to all you guys as well for helping me. 

The Edifiers have dedicated buttons for volume, treble and bass on the right side of the right speaker, like Shearme said.

Intel Core i7-3770k @4.4GHz. 1.170V - Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB (2x4) G.Skill RipjawsX @1866 MHz. CL8 - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H - Samsung 840 250GB - XFX HD7970 DD GHz. @1125MHz - CM 690 II - Seagate Barracuda 2TB + WD RED 3TB - Corsair RM750X

FiiO E10 - Sennheiser HD 598 - Edifier R1600T - Sony MHC-EX50 - Razer Blackwidow Ulitmate 2013 - Razer Deathadder 2013 - LG IPS237L - Dell P2314H - Philips 237EQPH - LG 47LB561V

LG G2 - HP Spectre X360 - Audio Technica ATH-M50X - Sennheiser IE 60

i recommend the logitech z623 system, i feel it offers a pretty good value for the price of 120$

skeptical.jpg

edifier_r1600t_plus_image_2.jpg

Sorry should have made myself clear, the volume dial is not attached to the speaker, so it can be placed within comfortable reach of my bed. Loving that baby face tho ;)

CPU: Intel i7 3750k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Poor MotherbordGigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H   GPU: EVGA GTX 650 ti |

Power Supply: Seasonic 650W G series | Monitor: HKC2612A Keyboard: Corsair K60  | Mouse: Func-MS3 Headset : Sony MDR - V6

i recommend the logitech z623 system, i feel it offers a pretty good value for the price of 120$

again the British price ends up making the Logitechs cost around £139/$220 so not worth it
CPU: Intel i7 3750k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Poor MotherbordGigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H   GPU: EVGA GTX 650 ti |

Power Supply: Seasonic 650W G series | Monitor: HKC2612A Keyboard: Corsair K60  | Mouse: Func-MS3 Headset : Sony MDR - V6