Putting ram is other dims?

So I have just found out that one of the RAM dims on my MOBO is broken so that is good. It was one of the blue ones, so my questiojn is can I put the 2 ram sticks in the black slots instead of the blue ones? Would it affect performance or anything? Or do I have to throw out this set and get a single 8gb stick. PLEASE HELP!!!

Just put them in the black ones. Won't affect performance at all *I think* just make sure by reading your motherboard manual.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Shouldn't affect performance

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Plug them into the blacks, the only time where you are going to lose performance is when the modules are in the different color slots ( e.g black and blue ), or if you have a odd number of RAM Modules

So I have just found out that one of the RAM dims on my MOBO is broken so that is good. It was one of the blue ones, so my questiojn is can I put the 2 ram sticks in the black slots instead of the blue ones? Would it affect performance or anything? Or do I have to throw out this set and get a single 8gb stick. PLEASE HELP!!!

Just out of curiosity, how can one break the RAM dim? If there is no physical damage to the dim, you should be able to file an RMA and get a new motherboard. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Just out of curiosity, how can one break the RAM dim? If there is no physical damage to the dim, you should be able to file an RMA and get a new motherboard. 

Now idea how it broke, one day it was working the next my PC was crashing, then it stopped turning on. When I took out one of the sicks it worked. When I put the other stick of ram that was in the working slot into the broken slot it wouldn't turn on.

Now idea how it broke, one day it was working the next my PC was crashing, then it stopped turning on. When I took out one of the sicks it worked. When I put the other stick of ram that was in the working slot into the broken slot it wouldn't turn on.

This is very strange... If your motherboard is still in warranty, I advise to file an RMA and get a replacement. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

PC crashing? I would run Memtest. It might just be a faulty ram stick. I've had plenty of those *cough* Patriot *cough*

PC crashing? I would run Memtest. It might just be a faulty ram stick. I've had plenty of those *cough* Patriot *cough*

Heh whether you like it or not you use patriot memory more often than you think :P 

i would just try multiple things intell it works...

CPU: AMD 760k @4ghz | Motherboard: MSI fm2-a55-e33 | RAM: G. skill 4gb @1833 | GPU: AMD HD 7850 | Case: Nzxt 210 Tempest (with glass window mod) | Storage: Adata 128gb ssd | PSU: Raidmax rx-530ss | Display: 720p crap | Cooling: CoolerMaster sickleflow 120 green x4 | Keyboard: crap | Mouse: Razer diamondback | Sound: logitech 2.1 speakers | Operating System: Windows 7 Ult | Battle.net: Voldras #1712

• 2 weeks later...

Heh whether you like it or not you use patriot memory more often than you think :P

Still doesn't take away the fact that they suck.