Recording Hard Drive!

PillowSmoke

Any good/fast hard drive out there under $80? will be used for recording games with dxtory.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

how fast is that thing?

7200RPM

SATA 3 6Gb/s

64Mb cache

"With every meeting, comes a parting. However, not every parting has to last forever."

7200RPM

SATA 3 6Gb/s

64Mb cache

no like crystaldiskmark.

You will want a fast storage solution. Dxtory records huge amounts of data at 1080p (tens of gigabytes per minute). A hard drive simply will not be able to keep up.

http://www.hardwarepal.com/nvidia-shadowplay-vs-fraps-vs-dxtory-review-benchmark/6/

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Wpirobotbuilder is correct. To record 1080p/60fps something huge like a raid 0 or an SSD is needed. Or a Ramdrive.

Wpirobotbuilder is correct. To record 1080p/60fps something huge like a raid 0 or an SSD is needed. Or a Ramdrive.

Not with something like ShadowPlay, it generates small files. Fraps isn't too bad either.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Not with something like ShadowPlay, it generates small files. Fraps isn't too bad either.

Lol, fraps is the worst for large file sizes. Dxtory + Lagarith lossless is much better.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

Lol, fraps is the worst for large file sizes. Dxtory + Lagarith lossless is much better.

For the same amount of footage, Dxtory generated files three times larger. Check the link I posted.

For the same amount of footage, Dxtory generated files three times larger. Check the link I posted.

Sorry, that articles bullcrap. I don't know what codec they're using but lagarith doesn't use that much storage. One minute of 1080p  bf4 footage is 2-3gb for me.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

Sorry, that articles bullcrap. I don't know what codec they're using but lagarith doesn't use that much storage. One minute of 1080p  bf4 footage is 2-3gb for me.

Then you can't really say the article is inaccurate. They don't mention which codec they used, so there's no way to really be sure.

From what you've recorded it looks like they didn't use Lagarith. They might have fixed it to H.264 for all recordings because ShadowPlay has to use it.